Hyperpro progressive fork springs

richard100t

I recently bought a set of Hyperpro fork springs from ToddatGuzziTech.com & I'm thrilled with them.

Now that I have the front set up right the handling & ride is 100% better. From the factory the springs had almost no preload in them which made the bike ride like it was on broomsticks instead of forks. It really didnt seem to matter what I did with the compression or rebound settings before, the bike was just stiff up front.

The hyperpro springs are almost 3 inches longer than the stock ones which probably adds to the better damping. Once I got them preloaded correctly the bike got good laden & unladen sags. TBH I never tried to add preload to the stock springs to see how well they would have worked, but that was definitely the problem.

Now the bike soaks up nasty bumps in the road even when leaned over hard, which is something that always scared the hell out of me before. This is hands down the best modification I have done or probably will be able to do to my bike. The second best mod was switching to the 160 rear tire from the 170.

This is me after a good ride now :sun::grin::grin::grin::race::grin:

This sounds like a great idea - much better than loud exhausts etc ... I agree with the "broomsticks" I have today ...

What did you pay for the springs ?

Is there a special reference to order (or is there a website to look them up ?)

If I have them fitted and set-up, how many hours labour am I likely to pay ?

Would you do something similar at the rear ?

Thanks

Pete

So how do you know these are the right springs in the first place? Is there a Hyperpro guide based on weight or are there some other criteria?

Glad you got your front end sorted.

Cheers

Cat

I just sent Todd an email with my weight & told him what I needed. You'll get better, more specific answers about the products if you email him.

This sounds like a great idea - much better than loud exhausts etc ... I agree with the "broomsticks" I have today ...

What did you pay for the springs ?

Is there a special reference to order (or is there a website to look them up ?)

If I have them fitted and set-up, how many hours labour am I likely to pay ?

Would you do something similar at the rear ?

Thanks

Pete

I think the price was $139

Email todd@guzzitech.com he'll set you up

you're likely to pay 2 hours labor, but thats a guess

I put an Ohlins 9.5kg spring in the rear shock earlier this summer