New jacket suggestions

DeBenGuzzi

I like ICON and am looking at either the Battlecry or the Timax2 leather jackets I dont' REALLY want to spend $400 on a new jacket I was thinking to stay closer to $250 as I have a heavy rainproof and a mesh already I just need that middleweight straight leather jacket to finished out my riding gear, well and some new boots and maybe some pants but those'll come later.

any suggestions? I'm looking to either match up to my Silver/Red Ape or go straight black. I'm at a loss, but then I'm never good(well mostly timely) at making a decision.

OK, I wrote up a response suggesting you save up and get an aerostich suit. I'll stand by that advice, but I deleted the post because I don't think it was appropriate.

My two cents of advice are 1) make sure it has elbow pads. I have an old Hein Gericke jacket from my yout' that doesn't have padding and I would have a hard time with forks and spoons if I crashed in it. And 2) our forum sponsors- or Ned's auto- will be up-to-date on the latest greatest appalling apparel, so give them a call.

well I couldn't find a jacket that really turned me on so I bought a Nolan n102 Ncom helmet instead, I have an old Nolan N100 that badly needs replacing and wearing the guzzi helmet on the ape is just silly, my buddy has the nolan outlaw and my other buddy is going to get one, then we can all get the ncom system and chat while on the road instead of waving wildly, or listen to music or answer calls if so inclined. Funny the Ncom costs more than the freakin helmet tho.