Sharp looking V11 Sport

canada goose

Guest ratchethack

This bike is fairly close to me, and I have semi-regular business that takes me even closer. If anyone's seriously interested, I'd be pleased to give it a critical evaluation :nerd: and provide detailed feedback.

Just my take, but it's always a sad thing to find another case where the owner was obviously lots more motivated by thinking of his Guzzi as "poser art" and following the usual allure of bolt-on blingery than by any sense of real-world practicality (that is, actually riding it). :huh2:

Evidently this is just another sad example of an owner who got himself way upside down in the usual process of blinging his Guzzi into a state of "bling coma" and is gonna take a substantial financial bath as a consequence. Looks like he's so distraught over wot he's done that he's having his brother sell it for him, having washed his hands of it and gone into a state of denial, not wanting any further reminder of wot he's brought upon himself. :( But no reason (on the surface, anyway :whistle: ) that it might not make a reasonable low-budget project for the right buyer. . . :huh2:

I'd be asking a whole slew o' the tough Q's that I reckon would have to be answered for any Forum regular (or irregular, for that matter ;) ) actually interested in restoring it to rideability. . . ;)

Lemme know. :mg:

Hey Dave -- isn't this guy a friend of yours, and hasn't he posted here before??

IIRC this is the guy who was inquiring about doing a carb conversion not too far back? (IMHO, not necessarily a good sign. . . :o )

Enquiring minds (well, you know. . .)

EDIT: I answered my own question on the ID of the owner: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=120124

Guest ratchethack

you weren't talking about me in your statments there were you ratchet? :unsure:

The thought hadn't occurred to me, DeBen. :P

Why, doesn't yours run either?! :rolleyes:

D'you mean to tell me you've blinged yours into "bling coma", aka "boat anchor" status, too?! :homer: