Windshield adjustment

Morris Sod

I have an 01 rosso mandello and recently purchased a new Arai helmet. Nice snug fit and pretty comfortable apart form the wind noise.

I have checked the air blast whilst riding and find the wind deflected from the windscreen funnels the air directly up under the lip of the helmet causing pretty anoying wind turbulence noise.

Is there any way of adjusting the screen up a few degrees to push the air blast a bit higher, either over the top of the helmet or at least into the face rather than under the lip? :huh2:

You could use 5mm washers between the fairing and upper mounts to tilt it up a few degrees. Another option is a Laminar Lip, which is an add-on shield extension. I have one on my Ballabio fairing. It works well. When I get to the shop I can take one out to the Rosso we have in for repair and see if it works with that fairing.

Have a look here;

http://www.saeng.com/products.htm

Especially at the 'Micro Swirl Edging', it may be just what you need.

Increasing the air pressure behind the screen by drilling some holes in the bottom edge also improves the laminar nature of the airflow as it departs from the top edge of the screen.

:2c:

Sometimes, angling back helps, also.

Good luck!

I don't quite catch what you mean by "angling back"

I don't quite catch what you mean by "angling back"

If possible, try adjusting the faring so the top tilts back a bit more. Mr Field is more knowledgeable, but maybe washers between the fairing and the lower mount might be worth trying.

A higher screen can cause more turbulence between your helmet and the screen. A lowered screen just may help. Phil_P mentions holes at the bottom. Tilting the bottom forward may also help with the airflow at the bottom.

My application is different on a LeMans, but it may apply to the Rosso. PO had an MRA installed. Noisy and turbulent. I tried the Saeng edging, tried the Laminar lip, tried the Gustaffsen ( sp? ) screen. Nope to all three.

Then put the original screen on. In my case lower is better.

Might try one of these, also:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/windjammer/...ind-blocker.htm

Just trying to help with the noise. It was frustrating for me for a while.

:)

And now for something completely different!

The one on my bike focused the airstream right at my face.

I took it off and have been happy ever since.

I did the same thing with my bike & it does seem more pleasant at lower speeds. Anything under about 60 is pretty much more quiet than with the fairing. Over that speed & the wind becomes more bothersome & I want the fairing back on.

Damn thing about most bikes is that if you want one thing you have to give something else up to get it.

Thanks guys I think I'll just have to experiment.

I'm off to Phillip Island next week and was hoping to beat the blast so to speak.

I'll let you know how I got on.

22 bikes and a mad blast throught the Snowy Mountains and along the Great Ocean Road, 2 major icons for Aussie riding and to top it off with watching the Champ puting it to all the other contenders, bring it on. :bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::drink::drink::helmet: