Termignoni Sport Corsa issue.

Alex-Corsa

Had just installed the Termis on the bike.There is an air leak coming out of the heads.

Had got the head part as extra and it is definatelly the correct part. (You know the one that stick to the head for the front mpipe to join in with the spring.

Question is , is there any knid of gasket missing over there? Between the head and the collar, or in the collar between the exhaust pipe and it ??

What are any suggestions to stop this leak (both leak at down side.)

Snif snif my Mistral Set up was obviously louder but.....

Thanks in advance :bier:

There should be one between the head and the collar, the pipe with the collor shouhld be tight with the spings. Between what is it leaking? If you say bottom, it looks the silencers are to low.

Thanks Paul , well.... I post a picture to understand.. Between the Colar (green marked) and the head there I did no gasket but some hight temperatue silicone and works without leak so far.

1 Should I do it with a gasket?

2 The air is leaking on both sides from the front front at the side under comes from the colar in front of the pipe.

3.Any ideas to fix it??

Hope the picture helps

Tommorrow I will have to get back to the shop and try some tricks so any experienced ideas on the subject, that can probably work are highly appreciated.

COsrsa_Termi_OO_copy.jpg

well, 3 and 6 look like a gasket. Do you have the partnumberlist with it? I would mount one or two gaskets there. silicone won't last, gets blown out.

So it's leaking where you painted blue, between 1 and 7? the header sould be mounted without tension, so if you mount the header alone on the head, the backside of the pipe should be the same height as mounted with full system. capice?

Guest Phil_P

Part numbered #3 looks as though it is a short pipe which will insert into the port in the head, which would be held in place by flange #7/8 and compress gasket #6

From what you are saying, you are clamping the flange #7/8 flat against the cylinder head using silicon to seal it. This does not look like it is what should happen and you should investigate obtaining the missing parts.

Part numbered #3 looks as though it is a short pipe which will insert into the port in the head, which would be held in place by flange #7/8 and compress gasket #6

From what you are saying, you are clamping the flange #7/8 flat against the cylinder head using silicon to seal it. This does not look like it is what should happen and you should investigate obtaining the missing parts.

MANY Thanks Paul and Phill for all the advice :bier::bier: ... Apparently the no3 part of the photo, is the most important , and it is as you say Phil.

The 6 gasket still exists , and I have it.

We cut caskets all over today for the head and for inside the collar, and fitted the exhaust that still leaked some air at the front again. It seems that without the 3 the pipes get a stretch and a smal inclination and that causes leak.

.....Another 8 hours lost today of hard pattending, but something valuable learned..... Who the F***k designed these exhausts with such many parts to fit in , should be executed for mechanic perversity !!!!

Just tell me who did this pervert exhaust system ......

If i get it right here are parts number for 3 & 6 (NOT SURE, i take it from Termignoni exhaust for Daytona racing where head parts reakky seems to be the same )

I did not have exact parts numbers tonight for your exhaust but could give you tomorrow afternoon.

Do you want i take off my daytona rs termignoni exhaust to take shots of mounting system on this bike ?

Not a pb fork is out as new triple clamp are under process so it is done in few minutes

daytonaracingtermignoni.JPG

and for inside the collar, and fitted the exhaust that still leaked some air at the front again. It seems that without the 3 the pipes get a stretch and a smal inclination and that causes leak.

.....Another 8 hours lost today of hard pattending, but something valuable learned..... Who the F***k designed these exhausts with such many parts to fit in , should be executed for mechanic perversity !!!!

Just tell me who did this pervert exhaust system ......

The gasket is a normal daytona gasket in the picture from zeb, so a standard sport 1100, NEW gasket will do. No cutting your own, buy one. Maybe a real mecanic is needed to fit the exhaust:-)

The gasket is a normal daytona gasket in the picture from zeb, so a standard sport 1100, NEW gasket will do. No cutting your own, buy one. Maybe a real mecanic is needed to fit the exhaust:-)

Which gasket you mean Paul.?The gaskets done really do not exist in the design. I mean the 3 part-colar that is missing.

The mechanic is experienced and well studied as soon as I showed him the diagram today he told me about the importance of the part 3.

Stupidity is among the ones who designed it (IMO) while simply such parts are so special to obtain.

If i get it right here are parts number for 3 & 6 (NOT SURE, i take it from Termignoni exhaust for Daytona racing where head parts reakky seems to be the same )

I did not have exact parts numbers tonight for your exhaust but could give you tomorrow afternoon.

Do you want i take off my daytona rs termignoni exhaust to take shots of mounting system on this bike ?

Not a pb fork is out as new triple clamp are under process so it is done in few minutes

MANY many thanks ZEB for the answer, I have the part numbers as reffered in the Guzziology book. = 01121140

Most useful would be where to find it ... hehe.

Having some clear pictures of it it would be optimum, and there would be a big obligation for me to you.!

But ONLY IF it doesn't cost you valuable time !! Really , or else really not bother about it.

How is the bike and your back going ? Have suffered whole August.....from both lol... need some exercising.

well to find these would be nearly impossible. But they can be easy made in any workshop. Would say that whet you cut off that part from v11 header youre done. but can't find a picture of these to now. But it is a piece of pipe, with a spacer over it.

well to find these would be nearly impossible. But they can be easy made in any workshop. Would say that whet you cut off that part from v11 header youre done. but can't find a picture of these to now. But it is a piece of pipe, with a spacer over it.

Got these

And the Termis are ON !!!

DSCN4347_copy.jpg

Fixed the Chip, the bike sounds GREEEAT , and accelerrates faster than before with the Mistral set up. !

Nice pic Alex :thumbsup:

Yes BigJ that's it , I have been longing for tha perfection of the echaust for years !!

AND now !! all has come to a conclusion ... Mission comlete.... with of course the "magic" of the fuel injection..... an experience of 20000km testing chips on having optimum AFR in all RPM all thortle positions with eny set up...... one of my videos is there to prove it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAdI9_rl6c

But then again with the TERMIS

i have put the level one notch higher .... bust asses everywhere ... I love this bike and she loves me.... so she's gonna have PERFECTION in what she eats and the orgsamic way I drive her.... All or nothing .. it is just all this time..... With the TERMI and my chip is all UP FOR goood....

And I accept ANY bets from the pussy tunning "experts" come one ....hehehe...

Anyone to prove to me driving abillties... or prove a better fueling .... come on,....me and me babe is waiting for....and we're ONE...

Fed up with sell up wankers ..... EPROM fueling ....and I talk serious if anyone likes...... come on

DSCN4351.JPG