Paint Codes (Yet again)

Beuphonium

Greetings all-

Somewhere, perhaps on this forum, I read that the paint for Moto Guzzi is manufactured by Lechler SPA. Browsing their website I seem to have found an extremely comprehensive list of all the colors used for Guzzi. I am looking for the paint to match the tail section of my 04 Cafe' Sport. I have the parts manual for the 2003 V11 Sport, Le Mans, and Rosso Corsa, which lists only the colors as "Grezzo" (unpainted) Grigio Cromo " chrome gray) Rosso, (red) and Rosso corsa ("Corsa red). Basically what I need to know is the name of the color of the tail section in Italian. To my eye it almost looks like a very dark metallic green? Anyone have the official "Ballabio / Cafe Sport / Coppa Italia" parts manual that can look up the P/N and paint name for the tail / front fairing?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Joe,

i found a thread concerning the colours in the german V11 Forum. They call the green colour "lemon green". And it is made of several coatings or layers ( I do not know the right translation, hope you know what i mean) . Most of the guys who tried to find the right colour code gave up and looked for a (varnisher / painter) who could solve that problem. One of them found the lemon green colour, that PPG has in its program. There it is called "Verde Nacre". Maybe it is helpful for you. If you can speak a bit german maybe this link where the thread was posted is helpful Colour Code lemon green . They are of the opinion that every good (varnisher / painter) is able to mix the right colour.

Klaus

Thanks for the information- admittedly the only German I know is that which can be picked out from babelfish :D

Having picked through the machine translation it turns out that the particular color I'm looking for isn't in fact green; it's Gray, Lechler GUZ-44 to be exact. My intent was to try and obtain the paint code in an attempt to have a starting point for a paint match.

Armed with this new information, I'll be attempting to replicate the color using a more easily-available paint system, and will post the color code and mix here just in case anyone else needs it.

Sooner or later I might just have to use "Verde Nacre" on a project- such a classic color...