daytona front end

Enz71

Hey there big wide world of Guzzi Maniacs

am about to embark on a tantalising but fear enducing remodeling of a daytona RS (94-95) into something along the lines of Huite's Dynotech beast. Have been in contact with Fast Paul about seat unit conversion etc and have a plan of attack sorted on that fron (A Huge big up to Paul, YOUR DA MAN :thumbsup:)

Have been trauling through the net and yet to find any helpful info on changing the front end of the daytona, ie, new tripple bracket, ohlinsforks (preferable with radial mounts but not a necessity). so if anyone out there who has any helpful info/links i would be very grateful indeed.

Is your bike a daytona or a daytona rs because 94-95 is daytona not daytona rs ?

I am yet to locate a bike for sale but am aiming for a RS, there is nothing available at momment here in UK. only the later versions with two valve fuel injection which i don't want. patience will eventually get me what i want. I hope :grin:

I am yet to locate a bike for sale but am aiming for a RS, there is nothing available at momment here in UK. only the later versions with two valve fuel injection which i don't want. patience will eventually get me what i want. I hope :grin:

Ok so Daytona RS are from 1997 for first one to 2000 for the very last registred bikes.

If you wan't to fit a fork with radial brakes (most of time we fit ducati 999 or Aprilia RSV, paul fit Aprilia on his bike, i fit Ducati on mine :luigi: ) you will have to replace triple clamp,

if my mind is correct if you go for a v11 ohlins fork for exemple you will not have to do such changes.

Ok so Daytona RS are from 1997 for first one to 2000 for the very last registred bikes.

If you wan't to fit a fork with radial brakes (most of time we fit ducati 999 or Aprilia RSV, paul fit Aprilia on his bike, i fit Ducati on mine :luigi: ) you will have to replace triple clamp,

if my mind is correct if you go for a v11 ohlins fork for exemple you will not have to do such changes.

Jean

Cheers guv, thanks for advice will keep my eyes open for a set of 999's or Aprila RSV's If you have any recommendations on where to lacate a decent triple clamps would be grateful.

ps good luck in rugby this weekend! You knocked my country out last weekend yes...frm nz :homer:

Paul is giving away some Ohlins forks for only 1000 euros. :thumbsup:

They can be converted to radial caliper mounts, and of course superbike innards can be installed

thanks for the heads up on the ohlins. will check it out. i guess they are on his web site. :thumbsup:

The daytona rs and v11 forks are a bit different from most other forks antwhere else used. They are longer, 770mm where most used on other bikes is 730mm. The 770mm ohlins isn't available from ohlins, only ohlins made a batch for guzzi to mount on the v11 scura, cafe sport, rosso corsa. The other thing beside lenght is the mounting in the triple clamps, it's top and bottom 54mm, no other ohlins forks have that. So if anyone wants a slip in replacement for the oem marzochi/wp forks, only ones are the ones guzzi did mount. I would't recommand ordering at your dealer, the price might be a very bad surprise. Guzzi did order more than they used in the v11, so the overstock was sold, when they stopped v11 production. And it happens that one of them ended up in my home, brand new, nice price.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12168

The daytona rs and v11 forks are a bit different from most other forks antwhere else used. They are longer, 770mm where most used on other bikes is 730mm. The 770mm ohlins isn't available from ohlins, only ohlins made a batch for guzzi to mount on the v11 scura, cafe sport, rosso corsa. The other thing beside lenght is the mounting in the triple clamps, it's top and bottom 54mm, no other ohlins forks have that. So if anyone wants a slip in replacement for the oem marzochi/wp forks, only ones are the ones guzzi did mount. I would't recommand ordering at your dealer, the price might be a very bad surprise. Guzzi did order more than they used in the v11, so the overstock was sold, when they stopped v11 production. And it happens that one of them ended up in my home, brand new, nice price.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12168

Hi Ya Paul,

As i don't actually have a bike yet i think purchase unwise at this time. As soon as a bike makes it's self known on market here i'll be after it like a shark after a seal pup. So id unable to get the 770 ohlins then i would purchase 730mm set and triple clamp to mount etc etc etc... :race:

well, the ohlins would do a good job in your v11.. but 730 is the other road, and triple clamps have to be made to measure somewhere, nothing of the shelf that fits.

Thought that may be the case :homer: will have to start a engineering firm search to track down a capable firm. cheers for you knowledge guys very helpful and set me off in the right direction. will keep ya posted on developments as they unfold, slow and steady and measured are my steps. :luigi: