lurker in from the cold

Guest thommo

Hi to everyone

been hanging around here for the last couple of years since Ibought my Cafe Sport so thought it was about time Idid the right thing and registerd

I have been impressed with the vast amount of knowledge out there and it seems to be true that you have to stick with it !

However I can not get used to the riding position!

I feel that my knees and arse are on a sports bike and arms and head on a dirt bike!!!!

Perhaps I should add that I am 58 years YOUNG :oldgit: been riding longer than Icare to remember

and have a BMW R1200s that i find very comfortable

So what I want to try is to make it a CAFE SPORT clip ons, windshield on triple trees,whatever?

All input is invited I suppose I should place wanted adds on the site?

I look forward to your comments

Regards thommo :rolleyes:

Greetings!

It is relatively easy to convert to clip-ons, especially if you can locate a set of the factory Guzzi clip-on controls; the threaded hole used for alignment of the clip-ons, however, is not drilled into the top clamp of a Cafe' Sport, and the mounting holes for the bars will be left over as well.

Changing the fairing mount to the triple clamp will require a set of headlamp mounts (from a V11 Sport Naked) , and gauge mounts + a new dashboard (from a V11 Sport or Le Mans).

I found my Cafe' Sport a much different machine to ride after the conversion to clip-ons, though I have mine mounted underneath the top clamp for fairing clearance (Magni) reasons. Seems to me that if you'll be sticking to the original fairing, the top mount is the way to go.

Best of luck on the project!

• 3 months later...
Guest frankdugo

hey thomo-i am 58 with a v11s. itook the clip-ons off[did not want to destroy the tripple tree]&got a top tree from a bailbo[new 160$] a set of clamps from a bassa&a renthal handelbars[75$].it,s not hard-just patience " " ".the brake lines will reach-with patience.i could not live live with the clip-ons for more than a couple of hrs.i like "johar"foam gripps. have fun!

One of this sites sponsors probably has just what you want. They are called RossoPuro, they are Italian & their stuff is high quality. The link to them is right above this & a little to the left under the site sponsors section. If they dont have what you want theres at least one other person here that may have what you need at Moto International in Seattle. Or try the other site sponsor MPH in Houston. They're all good people to deal with.

Greetings thommo! I'm not exactly what you want to do with the cafe sport but if your looking to install clip ons then finding a top triple clamp from a lemans would be helpful. That at least would get rid of the handlebar mounts and allow you to clamp some clip ons to the fork tubes or find a pair of factory lemans ones. Check the board here as i think someone was selling a top triple clamp from a lemans. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hal