Will titainium kit for 03 fit a 06

george42

Hi George

I have the same question. I have a 2002/2003 LeMans which I bought the MG original titanium kit. I think, but Im not sure, that the cans are the same and will fit my 2004 Cafe Sport. But I think the ecu must be changed. I have now contacted the dealer where i bought the kit, and they will contact me when they know.

I will post the answere here when I get the anser.

Mario

So if the cans will fit no problem , is the ecu a no no, or can it be reflashed to suit my later model bike ,or can i just run it as its fitted. Thanks .GEORGE

Past reports indicate that the MG Ti kit ECU w/ cans is better than the stock system, but that it is still not perfect. Using a PCIII & custom tune means that the Ti ECU is irrelevant, since the PCIII+tune will work on the stock ECU baseline just as well, leading to more than a few Ti kit ECUs going up on eBay... ;)

Using the pre-'03 Ti kit ECU on a bike w/ the front balance tube may not be perfect, but will likely be a better match than the stock '03+ ECU w/ the Ti cans. But it may turn out to be a case of "suck it & see."

Frankly, you would probably be better off finding a dealer w/ the post '03 kit on the shelve & see if they'll work a trade w/ you.

Best of luck!

:mg:

Greg, if it won't hurt anything, why not switch the open loop and closed loop ECUs around on your bike or another V11 you have access to at Moto International and let us know how it goes? That would be a direct test, rather than speculation, and firsthand information.

My bike has the Tis, plus the Mistral crossover plus a modded airbox, and is running the stock ECU and a custom PCIII map made when it had Mistral cans. Yes, I could unplug the PCIII and try the other ECUs, but it won't tell us anything except that it works or doesn't for a bike configured like mine. Also, all US bikes are open loop. The Euro ones have the lambda sensor. If I can find the time, I'll try it, but it's also raining and chilly nearly everyday here, now, so it's difficult to properly test on the wet roads.

None of the US V11s have either the catalyst or the lambda sensor. Why? Prob'ly Guzzi did not want to pay for re-homologation?

Seriously? I though all the '03+ had the catalyzers, but no lambda probe on U.S. models?

Wonders never cease...