Red Frame Paint Code

BRENTTODD

• 6 months later...
Does anyone know the paint code for 2000 v11 the red of the frame and the pork chops

Hi,

I was following the thread on the MotoBits lowered peg set (which I have just ordered for my Greenie V11 2000 model) and saw that you had them on a like model - were they hard to fit ? Did you take out all the old gearchange spindle etc. betwen the frame, or just unbolt the lever off ?

I was also hoping that you had a response I could not find on the red frame paint code, as I want to paint my black swing arm red - cannot believe Guzzi don't do it - it would look so much better !!

Regards

Gregg

Sydney, Australia

Hey Gregg

I really cant help ya on the tech side of the pegs they were on my bike when i bought it. I can tell you the bike really shifts smother with the lowered system. Me and Fuelcooler switch bike sometimes and it is a noticable differance. You might want to contact ryland he also makes a lowerd system and i know can give you the tech support. With the paint code i scraped the red wheel idea the best i can tell you is to make up some sample batches of paint and try to match it the best you can. If you do come up with a number please tell.

Wish I could be more help

Brent

I was also hoping that you had a response I could not find on the red frame paint code, as I want to paint my black swing arm red - cannot believe Guzzi don't do it - it would look so much better !!

I thought so too:

P4190005.JPG

BTW - the frame is not painted red - it's powder coated. Spare Parts sent my swingarm to a local powder coater here in Philly to have it done. I also had my Magni fairing subframe and Tekno bag mounts (not currently on the bike) powder coated the same red.

Brent - if you call DGM in Philly (http://www.dgmchrome.com/serv01.htm) they might still have the color info on file. The Spare Parts Co has sent them a fair amount of work in the past.

Powder coating is the way to go (the stock wheel finish is powder coat), however, I would be careful - powder can be cured at different temperatures, and if the wrong temp is used on aluminum wheels, it could anneal the alloy and weaken them - or so I've heard.

__Jason

I will give them a call when i am ready to rock. fuelcooler is doing some mods so he could be in market for some powder. You got me a little nervious about doing my wheels now about curing deal. I want my wheels black now. Philla is only 40 min from my shop are they reasonable about price. From the look of your bike the work is very good. By the time I am ready i will have forgot the name so u will see a pm from me at the begining of the winter.

Thanks again

Brent