More nasty hiccups

Morris Sod

Thats a very good looking Rosso Mandello! I'm thinking about repainting my valve covers this winter & I like the shade of red on that one.

I just painted my silver rear drive to flat black last weekend. Maybe I'll do the valve covers next weekend, weather permitting. Weather permitting in this case means if its to cold & nasty to ride maybe I'll make it look prettier. I have a Guzzi breakfast to ride to this Sunday & its going to be pleasant enough to actually ride (maybe high 30's & sun) so I'll let it go for now.

quote name='Kevin H' post='133525' date='Nov 23 2007, 06:27 PM']Is any part of Australia equatorial? ^_^

What I was referring to, Mark, is your warm season, when most people prefer to ride more. I ride year-round. The Average January Temp map for AUS in my Hammond World Atlas shows 20-30 C for Kempsey, NSW, while the Avg July Temp is 10-20. The interior of NSW appears to get down to 0-10 C avg in July. Mild, compared to here.

Bust a move...

HumphriesPk-US180002.jpg

Equatorial? Just below the equator,if thats wot you mean.It should have that on your Hammond Atlas

Yes Kevin.In this area it's never to cold,{to ride},but sometimes it's to hot,so you just get out of bed earlier.Realy just a good mix of both.DSCF0895.JPG

Yeah Kevin,

very equatorial, centre of the world us Aussies, not according to the Poms (Brits) though, who prefer us to be in the antipodes upside down and standing on our heads. Well, if that geography lesson relates to aussie riding ability it certainly shows in the multitude of talent we have on the Moto GP and Supers circuit including your AMA rounds.

Back to geography, for a souwester like yourself winter here can be dry and mild and very pleasant, like your dry Mediterranean climate, however come November and a very humid airstream settles in for most of summer on the coast similar to FLA and makes for some very sticky rides with a constant threat of getting very wet from short sharp thunderstorms, not to mention the hail, wind and lightning to boot.

The bike is nicely sorted now, just in time to get booked, again, this time puting my licence into serious jeopody. ^_^

With regard to the Rosso Mandello's red tappet covers, they had been painted before I bought it due to the original candy apple red fading on the alloy covers. I want to bring them back to original with powder coated ones if possible.

I'd also like to have the wheel rims painted on the edge too, in the same colour, eventually.

Cheers Morris

Guest TippyRacer
Yeah Kevin,

very equatorial, centre of the world us Aussies, not according to the Poms (Brits) though, who prefer us to be in the antipodes upside down and standing on our heads. Well, if that geography lesson relates to aussie riding ability it certainly shows in the multitude of talent we have on the Moto GP and Supers circuit including your AMA rounds.

Is that why Mladdin is so fast? He spent the greater part of his early years upside down?

If I moved to Aus I would be upside down relative to you, would that suddenly make me a lot faster? I might have to try that. Although it just might make me doubly slow.

TC