Late Model timing chest to spine subframe

FuelCooler

:nerd: OK,

The late model V11 front motor bracing is more robust, but will it fit a short frame? I need measurements from the upper trans mount bolt on the spine to each of the front engine frame's attaching bolts on the spine. Somewhere the late frame is longer, I hope the extra length is forward of those mounting points!

Thanks in advance, :bike:

Steve

:nerd: OK,

The late model V11 front motor bracing is more robust, but will it fit a short frame? I need measurements from the upper trans mount bolt on the spine to each of the front engine frame's attaching bolts on the spine. Somewhere the late frame is longer, I hope the extra length is forward of those mounting points!

Thanks in advance, :bike:

Steve

I'm pretty certain the extra length was added forward of the engine mount sub-frame.

Steve

The newer front subframe fits perfect!

The older design was invented for the 4V engines to allow some clearence for the timing belt covers. This styling was kept for the V11, but they are not interchangeable with those of the Centauro/Daytonas. These subframes will not fit the V11s because the engine on these bikes is displaced to the right. This was necessary to accomodate a 160 rear tire together with the old 5 speeders.

You will need this subframe in case you want to install a 4V engine into the V11.

That's what Paul Minnaert told me recently, as well. I thought originally when the V11 Le Mans came out that the swingarm length or position was changed, but he informed me that the frame was lengthened just behind the steering head, and everything at the back is identical.

This is good news. From looking at photos, it appears that the frame is longer there. The front subframe bolt is right there at the leading edge of early and late model tanks. Looks like its time to spend more $$$.

Thanks Kevin and callison.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve

The newer front subframe fits perfect!

The older design was invented for the 4V engines to allow some clearence for the timing belt covers. This styling was kept for the V11, but they are not interchangeable with those of the Centauro/Daytonas. These subframes will not fit the V11s because the engine on these bikes is displaced to the right. This was necessary to accomodate a 160 rear tire together with the old 5 speeders.

You will need this subframe in case you want to install a 4V engine into the V11.

Very sweeeeeet news. Excellent info.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Steve