Living Legend?

DeBenGuzzi

I nearly spit out my beer when I read this. . .

"former playgrounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StefanJ,

yes, same guy, same place, i was there with Herr Egli during the endurance racing days... we crushed everyone won the World Championship 6 years in a row.

i designed and built the EK-900R chassis that Alain Genoud and Georges Godier and with the rest of the team that ruled the world, until Honda's check book bought up all the riders.

we proved what we could do out of a little Swiss farmhouse

office; Herr Egli, Nicholas sales, Silvye office mgr.

shop manager; test rider, service, Seppi, Michel

machine shop; Jean Paul

fabrication; me, Jean Paul [swingarms] Hans Rudi aka John Lennon[mounting plates, deburring]

apprentices; Rene and Sami [everywhere]

one of the best things of all was when Kawasaki used a photo of Alain & Georges #7 bike in their ads, this pissed off Seigfried Rauch, the publisher of Das Motorrad et al, blew the whistle on Kawasaki at their new model press release... Das Motorrad issue #4-75 'with foreign springs' page 12.

amonst other things he was also the father of the modern 2stroke and was still allowed to leave the eastern zone his son, Volker. was my friend , the photographer that John Ulrich [Cycle Mag etc.}called "the natural".

my desktop is a picture by Volker of Mike Hailwood during practice at the Isle of Mann '67 on the RC166 6 cylinder in a downhill left you can see his toes and a strip of his sock is dangling.... this picture is hanging in the entry hallway of the Leica factory

when i left in '75 there where 10 FIM National and World Championship Certificates hanging in the window

was it fun? ....

after i returned, having all the photographers send me pictures [of my first blank piece of paper design] of Gilbert Pilot going inside of Ago and leaving him behind.

most fun/ biggest disappointment....

Hans Mulebach putting the workshop streetbike Kawi 750 triple on the front row, F750 race Hockenheim '74 between Bazza and Tepi .... Egli didn't let us strip the wiring harness, he only let us take the fucking lights off ..thats it.

they went for a warm up lap, Hans tries a restart .... nothing, i threw a $10,000 bag full of Hasselblads to a blond standing there, put the spark the plug caps on my fingers and said 'push it', nothing .... Bazza says 'Japanese electronics mate, too bad'

we had had better days .... but that would have been up there, winning/placing with a street demo bike vs factory teams. shit happens....check everything

Noel-theknurl"

what I wouldn't give to sit down over a cup'o'joe with this man.

he's a regular on the Aprilia forum, and I always wondered why he knew so damn much about bikes, well I don't know if he divulged that kind of info b4 on there but I was really shocked, I didn't even think he was that old. He knows bikes inside and out. :luigi: