WM 1.6 Eprom dump

raz

I'll gladly compare any and all info we got but I'm not sure what you mean. The post you snip-quoted is a comparison of ignition advance maps between V11 and Sporti, a.k.a timing maps, no?

Sorry! I thought it was a fuel map comparison :homer:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right about the big difference but I think both are important if you want to push it. And I agree with Skeeve the OEM ECU seem to have been put together in a haste.

To my experience,messing the ignition advance to other values than the company's default it isn't that important (or important enough to make the big difference) And as I have noticed in Will Creedon chip he has kept the original ignition advance values.

Anyways is far more safe and enough to change only the fuel mapping and of course the temprature parameters (which are all messed up wrong by the company)

in order to have a steady performance.

cheers

• 1 month later...
You won't be able to use the injection numbers as is. I tried once and the Sport was unridable. I think the OEM adds an injector dead time or something so I would expect you will need to add some constant of the order of 1ms . My latest software allows to be done more easily.

I just realised the ECUControl will happily transpose the map when I alter RPM or TPS breakpoints. Way cool for comparing stuff. I think I managed to translate the OEM throttle degrees to TPS readings and I dialled in a reasonable dead time. The resulting MyECU map looks perfectly sane. This will be very interesting, as the EPROM I had in my OEM turned out to be a custom one (PO mentioned something vague about that IIRC). Now I really hope to be able to determine why that ECU is so extremely powerful at WOT compared to any other map I've come up with. Provided it didn't get lost in translation :P

:luigi:

• 2 months later...
Green injector, 280.4.002.1A/IW-031: 270cc/minute.

Yellow IW-025: 268

Red IW-042: 190

It is 3bar pressure in the bikes above systems.

Yes, but I still miss the injector dead time figures. Like this one (from a car using unknown injectors)

Volts			   6	  7	  8	  9	 10	11	12	13	14	15	16
Dead Time usec   2080   1760   1440   1270   1100   990   880   795   710   650   590

Later MyECU firmware support a similar table:

# This table relates to the injector open/close times as a function of voltage
# The value here is roughly the time ( in us )
#		 16V   15V   14V   13V   12V   11V   10V	9V

InjVOn	  0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0

It's probably not too important.

# This table relates to the injector open/close times as a function of voltage
# The value here is roughly the time ( in us )
#		 16V   15V   14V   13V   12V   11V   10V	9V

InjVOn	  0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0	 0

It's probably not too important.

This value from this table is added to the map values. Without real numbers here the map values are larger. This causes the barometric compensation to over compensate. The effect is small.

Also for bikes with the headlight on, it will correct for the voltage dip when idling.