Replacement shock

bikelee

:o I need a replacement shock for my 2004 Ballabio. The Sachs shock is leaking and I believe they cannot be repaired. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced replacement ? Thanks, Leon Mirsky.

Hey Leon,

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic. Many of us have chosen Wilbers. Worlds of improvement over stock. There is much info on this forum for dialing in both your front & rear suspension. One of the best mods you can make.

My recommendations are here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=5488&st=0

The most bang for the buck seems to be the HyperPro, Wilbers and Hagon.

I went with Penske for the quality, rebuildability, and the fact that they were the only ones that could be built almost to my desired dimensions, other than Ohlins.

The HyperPro (I think it's the 031/041) shock looks good and I think is a quality unit.

HyperPro

According to Klaus Huenecke of EPM Performance Imports (US importer of Hyperpro) the 031/041 was OEM'd from Wilbers and is no longer available. I have ordered the new Hyperpro 3D shock for my 2003 LeMans and will keep the forum posted on the results. EPM is an hour from my house so offering my bike as the development mule is convenient. We are currently waiting for the factory to build the application so I would expect to be able to post something in the next 2-3 months.

"I need a replacement shock for my 2004 Ballabio. The Sachs shock is leaking and I believe they cannot be repaired. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced replacement ? Thanks, Leon Mirsky."

Depending on time requirements I believe the Wilbers is available through Todd Egan of Guzzi Tech - he is a very knowledgeable source for MG's His email is todd@guzzitech.com in case you want to contact him.