MPG go up or down?

wheelsucker

Am starting to put together a full Mistral exhaust (x-over and cans), will add the PCIII and had some questions about MPG. A lot of people said they actually experienced a slight gain in MPG after adding the PCIII, so my question is at what point do the mods begin to take away the MPG (i.e. pistons, air box mod, etc)? I'm not planning on doing anything else besides the above, just wondering out of curiosity.

Am starting to put together a full Mistral exhaust (x-over and cans), will add the PCIII and had some questions about MPG. A lot of people said they actually experienced a slight gain in MPG after adding the PCIII, so my question is at what point do the mods begin to take away the MPG (i.e. pistons, air box mod, etc)? I'm not planning on doing anything else besides the above, just wondering out of curiosity.

More power = more fuel. OTOH, there're places on the map where there's too little fuel (lean stumble): adding fuel here actually means less fuel will be used to make the same power [since the stumble, or "negative power cycle" goes away.] And some places on the map have too much fuel, which means a decrease from excessively rich to just slightly rich makes more power w/ less fuel.

Once it's mapped to run clean throughout the power band, the only way to use less fuel is to retain control of your right wrist... [make less power!] ;)

Ride on!

:bike: