New Southern California Dealer

ALLAN

I recently purchased a 1200 Sport from Vespa of Oceanside in Oceanside, California. There are a couple of Vespa dealers in the southern California area that are now concessionaires for Moto Guzzi. I have no idea if this is a bad thing or a good thing. More dealers are usually a good thing but are these folk’s motorcycle enthusiasts or scooter enthusiast?

I really don’t know a thing about Vespa of Oceanside because I haven’t visited the dealership or met any of their employees. I agreed on a price over the phone and the 1200 Sport was delivered to me the next day – yes, delivered. I live about 75 miles from Oceanside so this was appreciated. The bike was spotless and it had a full tank of fuel.

Vespa of Oceanside tells me they will pick-up and return your bike for any ‘service’ or warranty work. What’s not to love? Of course I have no knowledge of the mechanics competence working on Moto Guzzi’s, and this is certainly paramount. I have ordered the hard panniers and hopefully they will stay on top of the part situation and notify me when the bags will be available.

I tend to gravitate towards shops that have been around for a long time, especially with pertaining to Moto Guzzi. I have to say, that if these guys prove their worth the 1200 Sport won’t be the last Moto Guzzi I will purchase from them.

I recently purchased a 1200 Sport from Vespa of Oceanside in Oceanside, California. There are a couple of Vespa dealers in the southern California area that are now concessionaires for Moto Guzzi. I have no idea if this is a bad thing or a good thing. More dealers are usually a good thing but are these folk’s motorcycle enthusiasts or scooter enthusiast?

From your description, I'm curious as to whether this shop is owned by the same individual/group that owns Oceanside H-D [also w/ a dealership in Escondido] who seem really on the ball. I imagine all dealerships are headed the way of multi-line dealerships, much like the auto dealers have long since gone.

In the end, as long as they can perform Guzzi service, more dealers are better. I don't care if the sell Vespas to keep the doors open.

;)

I stopped by there and they seemed like a good honest shop.

I was told they have a cappucino bar, but I did not notice it.

I have bought a few things from the nearby Harley dealer and no doubt I agree with Skeeve, they seem to run a business right! Polite. Professional. Friendly. Didn't make me feel unwelcome ordering Buell parts for my Guzzi.

If the Oceanside Vespa Guzzi ever sells a Piaggiao Hybrid, I may buy it from them.

I noticed they were recently advertising in craigslist, but then pulled the ads...probably after selling out!

Guest GuzziOceanside

Glad you liked your bike. We are pretty laid back as a dealer. We are not affiliated with Harley Davidson dealer in Escondido, though they are a great dealer as well. Mike the owner of Vespa of Oceanside, worked in the automotive industry for over 25 years and opened this store with a complete different mentality. No stress, no pressure sales, just enthusiasts providing products they use. If you buy your bike from us we can deliver it for you. We can also pick up your bike for service. We have two delivery trucks that stay pretty busy, along with a covered box truck to ensure the safety of your new bike.

I work on their site and have been updating it as much as possible. If you have any suggestions on improving it or want to see more of your favorite Moto Guzzi related pics, don't hesitate to let me know. The site now features a virtual tour of the actual store. We are also working on adding accessories, apparel, and other products online for Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Piaggio, and Vespa riders. Check out the store in our virtual tour or stop by and see for yourself. Coffee is on us.

www.MotoGuzziofOceanside.com or www.VespaofOceanside.com