Laguna MotoGP&Giro

Lamedog

I work for Shell at a bay area refinery and have been researching potential event tie ins to the Laguna Seca MotoGP this July (Yes, proud to be the official fuel of both Ducati and Harley Davidson. How sensible is that you are asking? Anyway, its clear we have a thing for twins). Had a good chat with some folks who work for the track and they told me the week before MotoGP was filled with events tied to MotoGiro US. I haven't seen this on the west coast before but sounds like fun and a good chance for Bay Area Guzzi folks to get together. Is somebody already doing this?

Searching MotoGiro US provides plenty of links so I don't include one.

Think I could enter my '02 LeMans as vintage based on its technology? I may yet be glad I haven't hung a bunch of carbon fiber on it :mg:

I work for Shell at a bay area refinery and have been researching potential event tie ins to the Laguna Seca MotoGP this July (Yes, proud to be the official fuel of both Ducati and Harley Davidson. How sensible is that you are asking? Anyway, its clear we have a thing for twins). Had a good chat with some folks who work for the track and they told me the week before MotoGP was filled with events tied to MotoGiro US. I haven't seen this on the west coast before but sounds like fun and a good chance for Bay Area Guzzi folks to get together. Is somebody already doing this?

Searching MotoGiro US provides plenty of links so I don't include one.

Think I could enter my '02 LeMans as vintage based on its technology? I may yet be glad I haven't hung a bunch of carbon fiber on it :mg:

There is a Giro d'California as well as one back east that I know of. I purchased a giro eligible bike earlier this year - a 1956 Moto Morini 175 Gran Turismo with thoughts of participating...So far the events have been fairly small and adhere very closely to the 175cc max displacement and motorcycle built prior to 1957 requirements. Adding other classes to the Motogiro America (touring class allows modern bikes) has some of the vintage riders concerned but I imagine there will be enough seperation between them. I can also see that the field would be very small unless they opened it up to larger bikes.