Need advice on parting out low mileage 02 Lemans

guzzi jon

As a general rule, I'd say the further you break it down the more mula you'd make, but that's more work plus extra packaging and shipping. But I'll throw my hat in the ring for your rear wheel. Anyway, glad it's only the bike that's mangled and not you.

I've seen a couple of v11s with bubbles, what is the story with that? Does it require tank replacement?

On the right side, covered by my leg when riding, there are some bubbles/bumps/undulations(?) in the tank, an inch or so wide . They were there when I bought the thing in Dec. '06 and don't look to have gotten worse. In some light, it looks bumpy, in other light, barely visible. Maybe ethanol, flawed tank, ? It's more of a very minor cosmetic thing which hopefully it will remain.

Any others with a similar condtion on their V11 tank?

On the right side, covered by my leg when riding, there are some bubbles/bumps/undulations(?) in the tank, an inch or so wide . They were there when I bought the thing in Dec. '06 and don't look to have gotten worse. In some light, it looks bumpy, in other light, barely visible. Maybe ethanol, flawed tank, ? It's more of a very minor cosmetic thing which hopefully it will remain.

Any others with a similar condtion on their V11 tank?

Painting a plastic tank is always an issue, the plastic tends to expand and contract and even with flex aditives the paint can separate from the primer or the tank itself. Its not uncommon. Mine had a small split up in the front and the paint separated, the split was ground out and the tank welded. No issues after 2 years.

Hi Jon, I'll take the kickstand bracket and the bolts for it. I don't really need the stand, but if its too much trouble to take in off, I'll take the entire assembly:) But definitely the bracket.