Bay Area California Dyno/Remap

Lamedog

Following current upgrades (new exhaust & crossover) I'd like to have the beast dyno'd and either reflash the ECU or add a PC III(?). Everything I've done adds weight so I'd rather reflash if there is a credible shop in the area. I gotta believe the San Francisco bay area has shops with experience doing this, but there's little mention. Any real experience? I hate to hobble down to LA, but maybe so?

Following current upgrades (new exhaust & crossover) I'd like to have the beast dyno'd and either reflash the ECU or add a PC III(?). Everything I've done adds weight so I'd rather reflash if there is a credible shop in the area. I gotta believe the San Francisco bay area has shops with experience doing this, but there's little mention. Any real experience? I hate to hobble down to LA, but maybe so?

I had my Cali done at Hare Racing in Sunnyvale. I don't remember the techs name but he had done some Guzzi's and talked me into using a different AFR than what was suggested by Todd. Said he would redo it if I wasn't satisfied...I was. I'm about due for a re-tune myself as I've developed a little popping on decel.

Derek Capito has posted in the V11LeMans forum

http://www.moto-lab.com/

He can map to your ECU.

Not as inexpensive as a PCIII and tuning link, but quite likely or maybe arguably better results.

He uses multi-gas analysis and tunes for power, instead of just tuning for a target lambda as read from a wide band oxygen sensor.

Ignition timing can be optimized too.

It all boils down to how well you want it tuned and how much you want to pay.

Just heard today that Hare Racing is closing it's doors. I was thinking about trying Modesto Ducati as I liked the way they treated me when purchasing a bike from them. Long ride but going anywhere in the Bay area seems like a journey now a days :helmet:

Mike

I had my Cali done at Hare Racing in Sunnyvale. I don't remember the techs name but he had done some Guzzi's and talked me into using a different AFR than what was suggested by Todd. Said he would redo it if I wasn't satisfied...I was. I'm about due for a re-tune myself as I've developed a little popping on decel.

I was thinking about trying Modesto Ducati as I liked the way they treated me when purchasing a bike from them. Long ride but going anywhere in the Bay area seems like a journey now a days :helmet:

Mike

Mike,

Donnie and Deanna at Modesto Ducati are "tops". All this time though, I thought they treated me "special" because....well, because I was special. Now I find out that they treat you special too! :(

Hope you'll PM me before you come to Modesto. We can have lunch and spread unsavory half-truths about Carl.

I had my '02 Le Mans dyno tuned in Santa Rosa at Moto Meccanica this last spring.

Moto Meccanica just installed a new dyno in their shop within the last 1 1/2 years and sent all their guys to Power Commander training back east somewhere. I had installed a PC on my bike about 2 years ago and had never had it dialed in...just went with a generic setting. I've attached the dyno sheets below and as you can see I gained almost 6 HP! It's a noticeable difference.

dyno.jpg

Ack, now that I've posted I can see that the image is a bit tough to make out. The graph on the left is the "before tuning" and the one on the right is "after." I started out with 70.72 h.p. and 57.53 max torque. After tuning I have 76.50 h.p. and 61.58 max torque.