motorcycle lift

Ganzo

I had a small problem after trading in my SPII for a V11 when it came time for my first tire change. You know it; no center stand. I decided to buy a hydraulic motorcycle lift, most any will do. I wasn't comfortable jacking on the oil pan so I fabricated a simple frame bolted to the jack that easily slips onto the frame of the bike. I can install it myself while sitting on the bike. The bike is well balanced. I can remove both tires and start the engine. I can even push the bike around the garage while on the lift. I sometimes use it just to lift the bike to a more comfortable working postition even if I don't need to remove any tires. I hope this helps someone out there with the same problem.

Gonzo

Motorcycle_Jack_004b.jpg

Motorcycle_Jack_001.jpg

That has to be the best v11 lift I've seen so far, & I've seen a lot of them here. The welding looks perfect. very clever how you put a mounting point above the alternator. That must be what makes it very stable when its up. You may find this is a good place to make some money if you're into making a few dozen of those.

I had a small problem after trading in my SPII for a V11 when it came time for my first tire change. You know it; no center stand. I decided to buy a hydraulic motorcycle lift, most any will do. I wasn't comfortable jacking on the oil pan so I fabricated a simple frame bolted to the jack that easily slips onto the frame of the bike. I can install it myself while sitting on the bike. The bike is well balanced. I can remove both tires and start the engine. I can even push the bike around the garage while on the lift. I sometimes use it just to lift the bike to a more comfortable working postition even if I don't need to remove any tires. I hope this helps someone out there with the same problem.

Gonzo

I attached a few more pictures since there seems to be some interest. You can see that there are cut-outs so that the brake and shifter are opperable while on the lift. I also hade to cut some metal out for the Quat-D exhaust when I installed it. It's lower than the stock cross over.

I slide the jack under the bike while on the side stand from the right without the left and right frames installed. I position the frames on their corresponding sides on the floor with washers and nuts handy. I also have a 9/16 deep socket, 6" extension, and a 3/8" drive wratchet wrench handy. I sit on the saddle, retract the side stand, then kick the jack around until it's in the approximate position. I then reach down while staying seated and attach the left and right side frames. The rear of the frame slides on the large nuts near the foot pegs and the front is cup shaped with rubber lining which fits on the frame of the bike. I have to increase the height of the jack a little to do this. This is easy because there is a foot pump control on the jack. :D Once all is firm and some weight is on the jack I get off the saddle and pump up the bike. That's it! If you look in the picture, I did buy a nicer jack for this project. I think it was around $200.00 It's well worth the investment.

As for making more of them, I'm really not interested. I keep busy enough with my other projects and family. If you want to make your own it's quite simple. It was so simple that I built it as I went. I have no measurements or prints. If you are interested I can help you with any questions you might have.

Happy Wrenching! B)

MC_Lift_003.jpg

MC_Lift_005.jpg

MC_Lift_001.jpg