Quick Hello

Hairy Cannonball

Hi all, Just a quick first post to introduce myself. I recently purchased a 2003 V11 LM from a very good friend who had bought it new. The bike only has a little over 5000 miles on it and it is in perfect condition. I am not sure why I need another motorcycle to go with the other 7 already in the garage, but hey, my loving wife said we didn't have a red bike yet so go for it. Whats a man to do other than get out the checkbook B) ? Its not my first Guzzi, years ago while attending the University of Grand Forks in North Dakota I had a '74 850 Eldorado police. Despite having numerous other fine motorcycles along the way I have regretted selling that bike since the moment it left my hands. This V11 brings back a very very nice feeling. Although it was only 3 degrees C here today I spent most of the afternoon riding around giggling like a total fool inside my helmet. The only other bike that has made me feel this way this strong is my 900SS Duc. I am hoping my roundcase 750GT will too when I finally get it restored. From reading the posts, most here understand what I am talking about. Don't get me wrong, I have loved all my bikes...just some quite a bit more than others :rolleyes:

I actually just found this forum a few days ago while researching any issues a V11 might have prior to buying this one. Happily I didn't find any I can't live with. Thanks to all who have posted valuable information. I look forward to learning lots more.

Tim

Hi Tim,

welcome to the forum and good luck with your V11.

To me this homepage has proven to be invaluable; there are so many good people out there in cyberspace with so much knowledge.

Seven other bikes? :nopic:

cheers

Søren

Ha ha ok, well I don't have a very good pic of the whole group together, the best I can do is this older photo which doesn't show all of the bikes. The DRZ is now gone, traded for a roundcase 750GT project bike which is pretty ugly at the moment so I don't have pics of it.fleet.JPG

The Diesel Royal Enfield was in pieces when this photo was taken and now looks like this:DSCF1907sm.JPG

I don't have a good photo of the V11 yet, when It gets warm enough here to clean it up a bit I will post.

Tim