Fairing Choices

joe camarda

Anyone know if a BMW R90S type fairing will work with the forward mounted headlight on the 04 Ballabio (Coppa)?

Several years ago, JRT (whatever happened to him?) mounted one on his early V11 Sport and very detailed instructions are available on this site. See here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/content/howto/fairingmount.htm

But...again, this was the early V11 Sport.

I'm open to any other suggestions re fairings, particularly any "Airtech" products... below is a link to their "Vintage" fairings.

Take a look!... http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintag...ingsquarter.htm

You can mount your current fairing more rearward and so that it swings with the bars. It works and looks better that way, IMO. This requires moving the headlight back to swing with the bars, too, in which case you could use any of the fairings on that site.

To do this, you will need to make or buy some headlight brackets.

You can mount your current fairing more rearward and so that it swings with the bars. It works and looks better that way, IMO. This requires moving the headlight back to swing with the bars, too, in which case you could use any of the fairings on that site.

To do this, you will need to make or buy some headlight brackets.

I agree totally!

Steve

I've got an early MG Daytona fairing that's already trimmed to clear a V11 Sport tank (normally, I wouldn't have done this but the fairing "ears" were damaged). I have the mounts, headlight, mirrors and so forth but using it would require some awfully low clip-ons or some sort of very configurable handlebars. For a small fortune, I'll let someone else continue the project...