lights behaving weird.

gallo_se

All I've done is change the switch on the brake lever on the handlebar, and now....... the front low light, and the back light, and the brake light, they are all gone. Checked the bulbs, they are ok, checked the fuses, they are ok. What the heck could it be?

thanks guys

All I've done is change the switch on the brake lever on the handlebar, and now....... the front low light, and the back light, and the brake light, they are all gone. Checked the bulbs, they are ok, checked the fuses, they are ok. What the heck could it be?

thanks guys

Just to clarify what your saying, you've lost front and rear side lights and the brake light but still have dipped and main beam ?

And all you changed was the front brake light switch or do you mean the whole R/H switch cluster (Starter etc)?

I'd take the tank off and check the bar switch connectors or failing that maybe a wires come off the Ign switch (I don't have a wiring diagram here so I'm guessing :lol: ).

Sounds like a relay issue.

Steve

Hi, tried to swap the relays as well but it didn't make any difference. On the other hand the misterium of the guzzi electrical system strikes again, after pushing the bulb in a bit, touching here and there everything is back working again. Tonti must have given a kick in the head"s" to my V11 from above.

Hi, tried to swap the relays as well but it didn't make any difference. On the other hand the misterium of the guzzi electrical system strikes again, after pushing the bulb in a bit, touching here and there everything is back working again. Tonti must have given a kick in the head"s" to my V11 from above.

That's suspicious.

If several bulbs stopped working simultaneously, it suggests a common power source is the culprit, but in the sentence above, "pushing the bulb ... " in suggests it's only one bulb.

If it actually was multiple bulbs the concern is that the cause is some intermittent connector, and just by luck, it cured itself before or during the process of twiddlng the bulbs. It may become a problem again without warning. It would be worthwhile to try finding the cause by turning on the lights and tweaking connectors to see if you can duplicate the problem. In the case of a bulb, best to take it out and remove any corrosion. Also, check any contacts to see they have been bent back.

Some models, including my '04 Cafe Sport have the cable to the rear lamp routed such that it is pinched by the rear fender bracket. This has caused that to eventually get shorted out. If your bike has this problem, re route the cable. There is a thread on this topic elsewhere in the forum.