The weathers warming up and so is my bike

SoullesS

I've got a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport. The love of my life. So for the last 3 or 4 weeks my bike seems to be running hotter than usual, and has gotten to the point recently that it will backfire a lot and die at idle. I don't know if these are related but I think so. About 3 months ago I ran the bike from Austen, TX to Irvine, CA about 1400 miles... I think without a hitch. But after I attempted the changing of my own oils it stated going downhill. I've heard a good deal of speculation from some friends but will most likely take it into the pros at MGC in a couple weeks anyways for a good once over but in the meantime I'm interested in what anyone has to say.

So far it has been suggested that it may have been from all the riding in the rain I did this winter (I'm no fair weather rider) and I'm currently running the pod-filters. I was also told that I need my valves adjusted ... or maybe timing. I am a noob so any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

~Kyle

Yeah, I had a feeling I ought to get on it pretty quick, I'm gonna try to get it over to MGC later this week and ride it as little as possible in the meantime.

Thanks, I'll post again if this is the source of my woes.