Vapor lock!

FuelCooler

Yeah... I can definitely think of some cases where the petcock wouldn't matter, but figured it couldn't hurt to try. That automatic petcock bothered me from day 1 anyway, so I'm glad to be rid of it, in any case.

__Jason

The electronic [automatic] petcock may be a sound device in theory, but this particular device is engineered poorly, with it's main weak link being the flopping loose wires coming out of it. I've had two replaced under warranty because of vibration induced fraying. The current one I built up a ball of autmomotive urethane adhesive around the bottom where the wires exit to try to strengthen it. It is one of the first things I check at the start of every year. If it buggers up again, a manual one is going in without question.

The way this thing works though, it's either open or closed, so it probably has little to do with, what I think is a heat/fuel line problem.

Steve

The first time I took my tank off I noticed that it sat right on the wires coming out of the petcock. Every time I take it off I'm careful about how I put it down and my wires still look beautiful. Anyway, something to be wary of...

I had horrendous problems with vapour lock. Put about a foot of aircraft fuel line fire insulation around the line between the petcock and pump (Summit sells the stuff for racing too - Firesleeve) and that was the end of my vapour lock issues. Cost about $20.

cheers