Aussie visiting states in October 2008

Guest Doug

Well, here I am!

Anyway, to introduce myself, I am of the older generation, not yet retired, but definitely slowing down! I live in Australia, in New South Wales, near Byron Bay (that is the most Eastern point in Australia). I have been riding bikes forever it seems. My first registered bike was a Honda 50 step-thru, & since that time I have ridden & owned many, many bikes, mostly European, & preferably V twin in nature. For the last 30 years I have been astride Guzzis mostly. My first Guzzi was a Le Mans 1 I bought new in 1976. (It was purchased with a bank loan for a new kitchen!) Since then I have owned a number of Guzzis ('93 Daytona, LM4, V50, & currently a T3 Special built from bits in my spares shed. I have about 5 Guzzis in bits I bought as non-goers or wrecks).

I am intending to travel to the Barber Festival in October (in Birmingham, Alabama). My friend & I will travel from (probably) Atlanta, & tour around the Southern States for about 4 weeks. I would love to meet some people while I am there, & also want to buy a bike to travel on, preferably Guzzi, & preferably not in concours condition, but a reasonably priced reliable bike I can resell when I leave. I would not mind a Quota (attn Carl: how much does your mate want for his??) My friend also wants 2 wheels, but would be happy with a reliable Jappo.

The converse is also true: if anyone is intending to visit Australia, I would be interested in meeting them.

Anyway, over to you people! Any help or comments?

regards Doug

• 3 months later...