Differences between Sport & Naked

Guest mcphatty

Guest mcphatty

From looking at pictures, I'm having trouble figuring out the differences between the sport and the naked v11. On the naked, it seems that the transmission is black, forks are black, and has no fairings.. any other differences?

Compared to your 2000 Sport, the "Naked" will have a slightly longer wheelbase - I believe the steering geometry is slightly changed.

__Jason

The later V11s built with the changes instituted on the LeMans are, in my opinion, better bikes overall. Suspension is better. Frames stiffer. Engine smoother. Build quality is generally higher. The later the better. The best of the lot are the 2003 "catalyzed" (outside North America) and from mid-2003 in North America (with smooth black engine paint) and later bikes. Some prefer the handling of the earlier bikes because of their smaller rear tire and slightly sportier geometry. I think the listed advantages of the later bikes outweigh the perceived handling disadvantages for a road bike.

An all red 2004 V11 Sport is a beautiful thing...

True enough. I own such a beast, the original owner. On the way to trade it in for an 08 BMW K1200R, I realized that I just couldn't part with it. There is something about this guzzi, my first, that I just can't quite understand. This, after owning and riding just about everything in 37 years.

It's really just not natural, is it?

Guest britbiker
True enough. I own such a beast, the original owner. On the way to trade it in for an 08 BMW K1200R, I realized that I just couldn't part with it. There is something about this guzzi, my first, that I just can't quite understand. This, after owning and riding just about everything in 37 years.

It's really just not natural, is it?

Well, natural or not, I have the same thing. I've owned and ridden just about everything in 37 years, too, and the only bike I ever shed tears about selling (literally!) was a 78 Guzzi Le Mans which I sold in '86. I traded it for a Duke and instantly regretted it...and since then have been through several Dukes, lots of BMWs, a couple of Harleys, and so on, until last year I found an early green V11. I'm home at last.