My V11's lost it's oomph...

Molly

Are you sure its running rich. You said you replaced air filter did you replace fuel filter at the same time? Im just thinking maybe fuel filter could be a little clogged restricting fuel flow causeing power loss.

Just a guess if that dosent seem to be it change the muffler bearing they go bad all the time

Thanks everybody.

I'm going to take it down to the Grandstand area of the TT course as there are lots of teams preparing bikes for next week's practices. I'm going to show my bike at all the other shiny, fast machines and tell it that it's being a slob and should get its arse in gear. Maybe that'll do the trick.

It's had a recent service (which I'd have done myself but for having few tools here at the moment) and at that a dyno run (as the mechanic was keen to sell me a Power Commander) where it showed 80bhp and a lean 'dip' between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm.

I think I'll find and check that sensor you mentioned but mine does have a choke lever rather than any automatic jobbie so is it still the case that I might have to?

Anyway, thanks again chaps. Still love my bike. Just want to know that all's well.

I think I'll find and check that sensor you mentioned but mine does have a choke lever rather than any automatic jobbie so is it still the case that I might have to?

Anyway, thanks again chaps. Still love my bike. Just want to know that all's well.

That lever is for the enrichner it really isnt a coke even though it looks like one sound like one but it aint one

That lever is for the enrichner it really isnt a coke even though it looks like one sound like one but it aint one

Its not even an enrichener, it simply increases the idle speed.

But the ECU is "Smart" and enrichens when the sensor says the engine is cool.

Can I ask where the sensor is located?

R/H head inner towards the rear.

Its in a plastic housing that breaks easily if you try to remove it but the sensor itself should unscrew ok.

R/H head inner towards the rear.

Its in a plastic housing that breaks easily if you try to remove it but the sensor itself should unscrew ok.

Many thanks.