LSL Handlebar Kit Installation

seoulman

I just installed the LSL kit on my 2004 Lemans. I was able to re-route throttle cables, hydraulic lines and left switchgear. I could not mount the right switchgear for the starter button because of lack of slack in the wires. Has anyone done this succesfully? Is there a trick I am missing?

Before you put on the new top triple clamp, did you reroute the right switch gear wires and throttle cable behind the triple clamp or did you leave them in the stock location that runs under the top triple and out front of the forks?? Is that making sense? :)

I just installed the LSL kit on my 2004 Lemans. I was able to re-route throttle cables, hydraulic lines and left switchgear. I could not mount the right switchgear for the starter button because of lack of slack in the wires. Has anyone done this succesfully? Is there a trick I am missing?

Before you put on the new top triple clamp, did you reroute the right switch gear wires and throttle cable behind the triple clamp or did you leave them in the stock location that runs under the top triple and out front of the forks?? Is that making sense? :)

The kit came with new risers. They are mounted to the stock triple clamp by drilling and bolting. I was able to leave the throttle cables in the existing location. The switchgear wiring was moved behind the fork tube for maximum clearance.

I have a 2000 Sport that I bought a set of used risers($50) and a set of bars for($20), I had the holes drilled in the top triple($60). Like you I ran the wires behind the fork tube, it worked on mine. What width are your bars? If you put a tape measure straight across the end to end? Mine are 29" wide, 3" pullback and 3" rise. If your bars are a little too wide for your wires, you can always cut an inch or so off each end to get everything to fit up?

The kit came with new risers. They are mounted to the stock triple clamp by drilling and bolting. I was able to leave the throttle cables in the existing location. The switchgear wiring was moved behind the fork tube for maximum clearance.

The local shop installed the LSL kit on a V11 recently. Telphone Micky Cohen @ 714-993-5000. He'll be glad to help you out.