Laconia Bike Week

BRENTTODD

Laconia NH bike week great time roads are great, veiws outstanding ,people are frendly. Very few guzzis I only saw four and no v11s but its a big place I am sure I didnt have the only one there. I wish i could have caught some racing but maybe next year. If you never been its a trip worth taking. I think we need to make a showing ha ha :bier::mg::vomit:

I had planned on going up during the week but the guy I was riding with bailed at the last minute. The weather wan't that good either. Hopefully next year! Joe

The guys i rode with say the weather is always an issue. I had to buy new rain gear there, mine sucked to say the least. But with good rain gear the 400 mile trip home in the rain wasn't really that bad. I have the room booked for next year. Bring good ear plugs after a few days of harleys I was tired of the noise. Let me know next year if your going we can hook up the group i go with have been going for 26 years and really know where the good rides are without getting stuck in the endless traffic at wheirs beach.

Laconia was a great time in the 70s

We camped all around the track.

There was mahem but no violence.

I'm a 14 yr. vetteran and it took about 3 trips to Wiers to

make me say "screw that scene"

We finally got to the point of saying "I'm sick of watching the racers have all the fun.

Let's ride!" Now out of respect for the old days we head about 60mi north of there and

tear up the uncluttered roads to the east and west.

It's is something to witness once in your life though.

Especially for us poor east coast event starved riders.

I try to avoid "bike" week which is really Harley week. There is good racing at other times of the year like July 4th weekend there are several events including an endurance race, not the mass of people but usually a good group of racing folk.

The USCRA events are much better. The crowds are much smaller, the atmosphere much more like the old Loudon. July 4&5, Sept. 1 are the remaining race days. See some of you there?

First year in a while I did not go. The USCRA events at the old Gunstock track were my favorite, watching the geezers on the old hardware, but that has been suspended indefinitely, from what I hear. I've got my eye on the Moto Giro D'Italia - working on some basket case Aermacchis... Maybe I'[ll drop in at a race day and say Hi.

The USCRA events are much better. The crowds are much smaller, the atmosphere much more like the old Loudon. July 4&5, Sept. 1 are the remaining race days. See some of you there?

So it's open to the public? Sounds like the VSCCA of motorcycles. They are a layed back group of ex SCCA racers that run old Jags, MGs, Allards, Lotuses, etc around New England. Great group of people, and always looking for new corner workers!

You've got me interested in going to Laconia this weekend - I'm thinking of riding up and back one day - are you going all weekend?

Woo Hoo that was fun! I've got to do that! The racing was great, the bikes really cool! Only one Guzzi, and that was a sidehack. Now that's crazy :o and the "monkeys" are quite entertaining, especially SpiderWoman.

The most common racing bikes were yamaha RDs and BMW airheads! Go figure....

I'm going to talk to my brother about that RD350 in his garage that he has been meaning to restore for the last 15 years.

Joe

Hey Joe.....

No kiddin?....?

RD 350 is about the quintessential low budget yet very competitive

entry level racing you can do.

But Laconia is just an un gawdly long way away... but I would come over

and hassle ya and hand ya a couple of beers while you get it

set up. I gotta be close by in Mystic.

Go for it dude!!! There's nothin' as much fun as racing.

• 3 weeks later...
Woo Hoo that was fun! I've got to do that! The racing was great, the bikes really cool! Only one Guzzi, and that was a sidehack. Now that's crazy :o and the "monkeys" are quite entertaining, especially SpiderWoman.

The most common racing bikes were yamaha RDs and BMW airheads! Go figure....

I'm going to talk to my brother about that RD350 in his garage that he has been meaning to restore for the last 15 years.

Joe

Hey!

I work with one of the guys/part owner of the Guzzi hack. They have returned to it after a little hiatus and get more competitive with it every time they race. I spent the day in their pit on the Vintage days the Monday after Bike Week. It was a lot of fun. During that event, the only Guzzi's racing were the side car and one other LM1.

The guys that race the Guzzi hack, also coincidentally race RD400's and are very competitive. Good riders.

We should rally the Guzzi folk to go up and support them during one of those races. There were tons of Beemer folks there supporting the BMW hacks.

For those who'd like to see the hack...

Enjoy

Picture075.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture079.jpg

I'm also toying with the idea of picking up a V50 or V65 for vintage racing. Guzzi's need to be better represented!!

Well I'm going for it! My brother wants to keep his RD350 but I picked this RD400 up the other day, should be a fun ride! The guy maxed out his credit card with the intention of making a street terror but ran into a few snags, lost interest and bought a Harley! A bit better than stock, not sure yet if it'll be legal for Middleweight Production because of the swingarm? Anybody here know? I am going to hook up with the local rep for the sanctioning body in the near future and find out for sure.

It would be great to have a few fans on the sidelines, too.

Joe