I got new led turn signals

BRENTTODD

I just bought front led turn signals from euromoto and they do not work right and I think I need a resistor to make them work right. They are shock racing has any one else have and know what resistor to use. Any help would be great. I already have the led in the rear if that makes a difference

Thanks

Brent

Depends if you intend to use one resistor at the flasher can output or a resitor across each individual indicator. Best way is to get the old indicator and measure its resitance 43 ohmms sticks in my mind but could be wrong 5 ohmms ethier way won't matter much. You will also need 5watt resitors across each indicator or 10watt for the flasher can and obiously doubble the measured resitance if you go for this option. Cost under 5 dollar at tricky dicckies or whatever version of electronic parts store you have. The resistors go in parrallel to the indicators not in series.

How are they not working right?

Do you have two (left and right) or one lamp (left & right combined) for your turn signal indicator on your dash? If you have one lamp, you may be in for some fun...

Do you have two (left and right) or one lamp (left & right combined) for your turn signal indicator on your dash? If you have one lamp, you may be in for some fun...

I would say they are flashing too fash flasher can need a decent current draw to work properly and LED don't draw much current, he has them front and rear if you read the post. A lamp LED combination should be a problem just put resistors across the LED indicators and leave the lamps as is.

You could also get a led flasher relay. I did this on my T3 cafe bike and it worked slick plus it was easy to wire and no surprises.

Hal

http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/FLASHER_...asher_relay.htm

http://www.customdynamics.com/loadequalize...0Turn%20Signal0

That's what I'd do - just replace the flasher under the seat with one made for LEDs. I'll bet you can buy one at any auto parts store. Joe

I only had the right one installed and thought there might be a problem so i tested the right side the back flasher lights and stays on and the front didnt light at all. Turn the left side and all four light and flash. I think i will just buy the right flasher for a led signal a be done with it

There is a thread on this somewhere. The front signals are wired like a bastard. I have a flasher unit that can compensate for leds or standard globes but this alone will not solve your problems.

Cheers

Bruce

P.S. Hey Greg- any luck with your funky diode circut fix ?

There is a thread on this somewhere. The front signals are wired like a bastard. I have a flasher unit that can compensate for leds or standard globes but this alone will not solve your problems.

Cheers

Bruce

P.S. Hey Greg- any luck with your funky diode circut fix ?

Here's my LED Turn signal thread

Bruce: I totally spaced it... I'll finally have a bit of free time next weekend, so I'll try to do one for you then.

Here's my LED Turn signal thread

Bruce: I totally spaced it... I'll finally have a bit of free time next weekend, so I'll try to do one for you then.

Thanks mate. Absolutely no hurry. Im busy with suspension and tuning at the moment. Indicators currently working so i can ride. Leds will happen when they happen. Are you happy with the your signals in terms of strong daylight effect on Leds ?

Thanks mate. Absolutely no hurry. Im busy with suspension and tuning at the moment. Indicators currently working so i can ride. Leds will happen when they happen. Are you happy with the your signals in terms of strong daylight effect on Leds ?

I was sort of happy with mine (that bike is no more <_ i think it depends on which led indicators you get. had some cheapo shock racing mini indicators. they put out a lot of light even in bright sunlight for their size but would recommend larger ones overall. like the aprilia puts bikes. greg field has set his v11 and look great.>

• 2 weeks later...