What I've learned from tuning an MG

wheelsucker

1. Its sometimes a pain and very frustrating

2. you can go from a safe rider to an idiot in .1 seconds

3. the bike is now EXTREMELY dangerous...or maybe that's just my judgement

4. If this is a 425lb bike with 90HP, I don't want to know what a 400lb Duc 1098 is like

5. Redline comes a lot faster....and easier

6. Did I mention the bike feels/is REALLY REALLY FAST???

Since having gotten my tuning issues straightened out, I've had to remind myself a couple times to remain a responsible rider. Stay safe out there :D

1. Its sometimes a pain and very frustrating

2. you can go from a safe rider to an idiot in .1 seconds

3. the bike is now EXTREMELY dangerous...or maybe that's just my judgement

4. If this is a 425lb bike with 90HP, I don't want to know what a 400lb Duc 1098 is like

5. Redline comes a lot faster....and easier

6. Did I mention the bike feels/is REALLY REALLY FAST???

Since having gotten my tuning issues straightened out, I've had to remind myself a couple times to remain a responsible rider. Stay safe out there :D

#4 s/b "If this is a 525lb bike w/ 90HP..."

Or did you fill your tires w/ helium? ;)

#4 s/b "If this is a 525lb bike w/ 90HP..."

yeah my 425# Aprilia is redonkulous, like literally twice as fast in the midrange tho similar down low but that midrange is like a sling shot all the way to 150mph then the acceleration starts to tapper off ^_^

With that said I can ride the Guzzi faster, more experience and very confidence inspiring, plus its more fun to take a slower bike fast than a really fast bike fast. :bier:

Wheelsucker,

Was sorting your bike out just a matter of getting the right map for your configuration loaded? You don't sound like you're in the mood to trade it in anymore :)

No I won't be trading it in anytime soon, I've ridden it to work everyday this week. Tuning was just a matter of putting all the pieces in the right place. I installed a full exhaust and then the bike ran like crap(w/&/wo a new fuel map), so I got a full tune and the mechanic put in a K&N, then the bike would like crap after about 30mins (on the stock ecu), so I loaded up the GuzziTech map and the bike is perfect again :D

Like DeBenGuzzi, I would rather ride a slow bike fast, and yes my LM is very confidence inspiring.