Right cylinder DEAD......

raceboy

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions.

From what I recall when I did a quick check to see if there was spark (grounded plug against head) the spark seemed a little weak and yellow...not the deep blue spark typically desired. The stock wires and plug cap are Champion and a nice matching red colour. I want to measure the resistance of the cap and wire and check all the connections along the circuit path.

I will also check the fuel injector. I'm of the impression that if the injector is sticking that would not be a sudden drop of 1 cylinder, it would be gradual development........I could be wrong.

I'm away from the bike until Thurs or Fri when I will get back to checking the problem. I will keep you posted until my redheaded darling is running again.

John

Sounds like you've covered all the basics...as far as the "strength" of the spark, as far as I understand it, 'fat and blue' doesn't neccessarily equal a stronger spark. From what I have gathered on this, modern high energy ignitions produce a visually smaller, weaker looking spark that is actually at a much higher voltage. I guess the point is that if you're getting spark, you're probably fine on that part of the 'big three'. This is, of course, open for correction if incorrect... :thumbsup:

Hello all,

I'm happy to report that the problem has been isolated and quickly fixed. Once I've had a chance to properly look around the bike (tank off, seat off, air box off) Off all things to go wrong the right side throtle body poped out of the intake boot. The bike is running fine once again.

While I was at it I removed the charcoal canister, pluged up the vacuum tubes on the side of the throttle bodies, removed a few pieces of plastic here and there and had a general look-see around the bike.

I also made myself a quick fix for a lidless air box, seems to work ok.

The only complainant I have about the bike is the gas tank is a real pain in the butt to remove and install without a second pair of hands (when tank is full).

cheers all, I was quite happy to see the response I recieved when I posted my initial problem on the fourm...I guess it's ture, you meet the nicest people on a Guzzi.

John

Hello all,

I'm happy to report that the problem has been isolated and quickly fixed. Once I've had a chance to properly look around the bike (tank off, seat off, air box off) Off all things to go wrong the right side throtle body poped out of the intake boot. The bike is running fine once again.

While I was at it I removed the charcoal canister, pluged up the vacuum tubes on the side of the throttle bodies, removed a few pieces of plastic here and there and had a general look-see around the bike.

I also made myself a quick fix for a lidless air box, seems to work ok.

The only complainant I have about the bike is the gas tank is a real pain in the butt to remove and install without a second pair of hands (when tank is full).

cheers all, I was quite happy to see the response I recieved when I posted my initial problem on the fourm...I guess it's ture, you meet the nicest people on a Guzzi.

John

Glad u fixed it ,, well done