My Wife passed her DMV moto exam!

VA Sean

Well Sean, did she get a bike over the weekend? Would like to hear what she diecided.

Bob

We had MASSIVE rains and local flooding (remnants of Hanna) blow through here all day Saturday... and we went out Saturday night for a "wet down" party (unrelated to rain) Saturday night... Sunday, the only thing we were riding was the couch!

She is leaning towards the Rebel, but is now being a little more patient - so maybe she will take a couple rides on different bikes before she makes a decision.

Another :2c: .... .now I'm up to 4 cents. This is getting expensive!

After the x threw my beloved CBR 600 Hurricane over an embankment.... ( "It just wouldn't turn!" ???...this after about 400mi under her belt) ( total target fixation) We got her a Rebel 250. I drove it home about 15 mi on the highway. I was scarred. Just too wimped out in the suspension dept. My all time favorite bike for a beginner is the ex 500.

On the other hand my friend Kathie started out on a Night Hawk 750. She was total paddle foot and finally had to give it up.

Then she got ...(get this...) a BMW "C" class. !!! She's been riding the wheels off it for a year and a half with total confidence.

'Splain that Lucy. She's now a proficient rider. Another lady friend tossed her 1000 Kaw twice (great starter bike...not!)

and is now on a Duc. 620. I thought that would help but alas... No improvement. She just never got the mental attitude.

Desire and determination yes. By the yard. But no fangs. Ya gotta have a little fangs. Even at low speeds.

"I'm going to stick the front tire there then throttle out over there...dam it" As opposed to "What's this corner going to do?"

So who knows? How do you teach confidence and will?

Caution with an aggressive intent.

An intense but unconscious focus.

Some got it...some don't

I used to whip the car keys at the x and she could snatch them out of the air pretty good.

I had to take her bike away before she (I?) killed herself.

I later realized she drove a car like crap too. Just "nobody home" when she was driving.

I really do hope things go well for you and yours.

It would be so great to ride with the one your closest with.

Definately worth giving it a good try.

Guest frankdugo

would it be politicaly incorrect to say most women don't have it,or am i just a masculine pig ? o k most don't. they have alot of good other thing's