Electrical Gremlin..........

raceboy

Good Days fellow Guzzists,

The 15Amp fuse for the headlight and brake lights keeps blowing, just started a few days ago.

Just wondering if this maybe a common V11 problem, anyone else have the same issue? If not I'll just start the process of tracking it down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I hate electical GREMLINS......... :angry: ...........bad little electrons going down the wrong path.

Cheers,

Raceboy (John)

Edit: forgot to mention the tach also is not taching very well........uhmmm no needle movement from the tach.

Good Days fellow Guzzists,

The 15Amp fuse for the headlight and brake lights keeps blowing, just started a few days ago.

Just wondering if this maybe a common V11 problem, anyone else have the same issue? If not I'll just start the process of tracking it down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I believe board member Ryland3210 found faulty tail light wire routing on his '04 that led to a chafed wire and a short circuit. Search his name and the word "wire" or "short" and see what comes up.

Well folks, I seem to have fixed the problem, buy not really doing much. Tracking the circuit in question with help of an electrical schematic I found on 'This Old Tractor' site.

I removed the tank and seat, I proceeded to isolate everything in the circuit; brake swithes, horns, headlight and the left hand control module on the clip-on. Looking at the wiring bundle just under the tank, at the front of the bike (left side) made me think. The wiring is held in place with 2 or 3 wire ties to the left side down-tube and were cinched quite tight. I cut the ties, completely freed the wiring and moved the wiring around.

I put in a new fuse and turned the key to on, fuse DIDN'T blow. One by one I started connecting everything that I disconnected while the key was still on and checking the fuse. The only thing I can figure is under the sungged wire ties is where the problem lies. I put on a few new wire ties and put the bike back together and went out for 1/2 hr ride with no ill effects. :)

During the winter I will open up that part of the harness and see if there is any half broken wires or missing insulation. Not sure how to explain what happened but it's fixed now.

Keep the shinny side up

Raceboy