spark battery

Guest frankdugo

Guest frankdugo

since there is alot of battery discussion going on,i was wondering if the origlnal equipment from manufacturer [oem or stock as we say here in the states] "spark" brand battery is available in europe?

Rumours has it it's a Hawker Genesis in disguise. The Hawker Odyssey is theoretically better suited for motorcycles, but I've heard of many Spark & Genesis batteries lasting forever.

My '01 Sparker finally gave up this year. The new Oddyssey looks EXACTLY like the Sparker except for the color. Hard to imagine they are not one and the same.

Guest frankdugo

looks like my "spark 500"has bit the dust.last weekend stranded after 60 mi. run,charged at 6amp for 1 hr got me home.yesterday on way to bike shop to price--stranded.battery home charged-back to bike,got bike home.charged overnite at 2 amp-14v reading,put in bike& put bike on vdst.error code says open circut batt. sooo went to the site you posted dhansen [thanks] and am awaiting reply for shipping.going to try hesa it.com wonder if anything will come up.$98 is sure a good price--found one on google $120 free ship [odyssey pc 545]---yes alt is charging,starter replaced last yr.

Guest frankdugo

a update on hesa,there is a site hesa spa they are a conglormate whose main business seems to be fire control equiptment.no mention of retail battery sales.

Guest frankdugo

thought i'd give a update .had a nice little 50 mi.ride with the new battery.no problems ,no blown fuses.the light finally turned on for me--the hesa spark 500 is produced to be used in a fire control system[protection] in buildings -goverment,comercial,military etc.it just happens to also work for the valeo&guzzi,since they are based in milan they supply guzzi.i'm assuming the old battery[spark] has a bad cell?or plate discinagration from starter abuse. it's 4 yr. old and still holds 12.8 volts all week. got a odyssey with the 545 crank amps from batterystuff.com in oregon.good price,fast service.the spark is avalible from a guzzi dealer -$240. a marine odyssey dealer wanted $181. i paid $112 ship included,oregon&alaska have no state sales tax.wondering now if bad battery could cause premature regulator failure,also saw a post from carl allison saying he put a 7.5 fuse on the computer which takes a 5 amp.mine blew about a year ago and put in a 7.5 because that is all i had-no problems since. guzzi in their frugality?/safety concerns fused everything at the minmum ,figureing correctly that it's easy to replace a fuse than have a fire-never heard of a guzzi on fire. so would jumping up the fuses across the board 5 amp-would that be a danger to the wireing?

I can give you a mixed message here:

I wouldn't hesitate using a 7.5 A instead of a 5 A in that case. The Sporti was delivered with all five fuses being 15 A and losing engine power in unfortunate moments can be very dangerous.

On the other hand I do know a Sporti that set itself on fire with ignition off and stored in a garage! The whole front fairing and all electrics there was destroyed and the insurance company wrote it off. Luckily the fire put itself out before taking the whole building with it. Noone knows exactly what happened. The headlamp was relayed a couple of months before it happened, but that was fused too.