Another TPS question

Guest parkjnl

Guest parkjnl

I just bought a 2000 V11 Sport in green with 8000 miles and have fallen into M/C heaven.

I have some maintenance history on it but I want to start fresh and do a major tune up.

Reading around this forum I have found the TPS voltage should be around 150mv as a base line but reading the awesome book "Guzziology" it says 500mv.

I know I'm missing something.

Also I live at 5500 feet elevation how much should I lean the mixture via the TPS voltage?

Thanks

Congratulations to your "new" toy.

Mine is a 2000 in black, so identical.

150 mV ist the base adjustment: disconnect the linkage, close the throttle, unscrew the right stop screw until the actuation cam is free and make sure the high idle lever is backed off too. Unscrew it if necessary. Let the throttle snap back sometimes until you are in the real closed position. Then adjust the 150 mV taken from the TPS connector.

Next step is adjusting the right idle stop screw to 500 - 525 mV. Close the bypass screws on both throttle bodys. Reconnect the rod, start the engine and synch the idle. So the 500 mV is the TPS voltage at idle speed. But it is only the correct throttle position if the first adjustment is done correctly too.

The injection has an air pressure sensor inside the black box that compensates for the altitude. No need for taking this into account when adjustng the TPS.

Guest parkjnl
I just bought a 2000 V11 Sport in green with 8000 miles and have fallen into M/C heaven.

I have some maintenance history on it but I want to start fresh and do a major tune up.

Reading around this forum I have found the TPS voltage should be around 150mv as a base line but reading the awesome book "Guzziology" it says 500mv.

I know I'm missing something.

Also I live at 5500 feet elevation how much should I lean the mixture via the TPS voltage?

Thanks

Thanks for the help