NO speedo & tach lights

guzzidieci

Hello All,

the back lights for my speedo and tach gauges went out as well as the tail light and blinkers. All the "idiot" lights work except for the turn signal one.

all fuses seem to be ok. everything was fine yesterday, i parked, had a beer with a friend and when it was time to go home the gauges, turn signals and tail light no longer worked. Hummm <_>

:(

Guest frankdugo

the relays tend to go when sitting after a hard ride.ryland sells ouality ones.could have lost the ground ,but but the loss of turn&tail point to relay

Hello All,

First of all thanks to everybody for your input.

I will buy a set of spare relays and fuses to keep under the seat.

I traced this particular problem after looking at the electrical diagram and most important after looking at a post on this thread from sometime back where all the symptoms were identical.

There was a disconnected cable inside the main switch (where the key goes) this particular cable energizes fuses #6 and#7 which then lead to all the non operating functions.

Of course the first step was to really make sure these two fuses were ok.

the wire inside the switch was yanked off because the cable was too short when the steering was turned all the way during parking maneouvres. :D:rolleyes:

Sorry late to the party, could have saved you some time

I too had this, started as intermittent faults at the Erin Rally in Ireland 2 years ago, as day light I only noticed indicators then others reported tail light going out. Fault wasn't evident until the bars moved and wire inside switch became more and more wayward over time.

There is a thread on here some where, I wonder if that's the one you saw I don't think many have suffered this.