Tenni #003

Mark909

I have just purchased Tenni T003. What a stunning motorcycle! I consider myself very fortunate to have her in my garage. Please add me to the registry.

A short story on how this came to be......

I saw it advertised online by a guy in Sydney, it looked great, but I'm in Brisbane. Fortunately a Guzzi club member in Sydney was happy to help out and went off to look at the bike for me. He reported the bike to be as perfect as can be. It has both seats, the certificate, and everything the bike came with. It has been fitted with very nice aftermarket mufflers, but the standard pipes were included also. That was it for me, I had to have it! After a bit of organizing a couple of weeks later I got an early flight to Sydney to finalize the deal and ride the bike home.

When I arrived at the sellers place the bike was out front waiting for me. It was in fact the first time I had ever seen a Tenni other than in pictures. I knew the Tenni to be a beautiful bike, but I was amazed to find it looked even more lovely than I had expected.

At the time I got the bike it had only done 3,300km. I added another 1,000km getting her home. What a great way to get to know the bike :D

045.jpg

042.jpg

It looks like you've got a great community going here, I'm looking forward to being part of it.

Very nice condition. I bought my Tenni a couple of years ago and still can't believe how beautiful it is and how lucky I am. Havn't stopped grinning either.

I might be over in the Brisbane area in Oct '09

Welcome. As you know, anything less than a Tenni is just a LeMans!

I bought mine sight-unseen and rode her 800 miles home. Great way to learn what she likes and doesn't like! Order a Roper plate and everything is good.

Garsdad

Hi'ya Brian and welcome to the Tenni Registry!!

You'll find that the V11 form is absolutly great and populated by some very interesting "characters", to say the least.

As for your Tenni, I'm glad to find such a low number out there! It confirms what I thought, that the first batch of Tenni's where exported to the far east and down under. Seems you guys got them first.

The Tenni's are quite remarkable as they are stunning example of the V11's and there are so few of them out there. They have ...touch wood.... been very reliable, I got mine with just over 1000 miles and now have over 9000 trouble free miles on her. I up-dated the relays, changed the transmission pawl spring and changed the clutch switch. I'm a fair weather rider for the most part but have gone on one good trip per year and find the Tenni to be a perfect long distance sport tourer, eating up distance with great ease.

The only down side of Tenni ownership is the high level of jealousy that we get from some of the other groups, most noticably the Scurra riders. :D

I'll up-date the registry as soon as I can

Anyway, again welcome, and enjoy your great ride :thumbsup:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Roberto, if you are heading to Brisbane let me know, we'll meet up somewhere for a drink or several.

Van, thanks for adding me to the register, but one question......who is Brian??? :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Roberto, if you are heading to Brisbane let me know, we'll meet up somewhere for a drink or several.

Van, thanks for adding me to the register, but one question......who is Brian??? :lol:

Oh for the life of Brian! ....you're right ! who is this Brian fellow and why is he here? :blush:

MARK! not Brian.......... :doh:

Cheers Mark!

:bier: Cheers

Van

nice Tenni by the way

Hi Van, how are you? I hope fine!

In Italy another two month's in standby for the the springtime. the right period for one or two work's on my Tenni !

See You

Giovanni

Giovanni,

com est ta...I hope thats right

we are in the middle of our winter, cold rain, lots of snow and now fog and ice......not riding weather. But the perfect time to polish the Tenni for the summer. I just finished watching "the long way down" and watched them go through the Guzzi factory.....FANTASTIC!! To think, our bikes came from there!....cool! .....one day I'd love to get to lake Como and check it all out.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

• 2 weeks later...

hey there next time i come to bris i'll look you up if your down the blue mountains way please drop by. r you going to the super bikes by anychance.\

i have returned from tassie now there is a place to ride I am making plans for next year. summertime is the best.Ive done afew long trips and as yet i have not had anyaches and pains must be the design look forward to catching up keith rowe 001

kids_and_tassie_199.jpg

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the PM, as you may guess from my response I answered it before reading your post here. now it all makes sense :P

I'm not heading to the supers or anywhere much else this year. If you wander my way let me know, you'll be made welcome. No doubt you enjoyed Tassie, I've toured there on bikes twice ('92 & '96), one of the great riding destinations for sure. I'd love to get back there sometime, it'd be a perfect trip for the Norge, just gotta make it happen.