oil seeping from under cylinder - new trouble ... look inside the port

arek

While you were taking the heads on and off, did you do anything different with the breather set-up? Have you checked to see if the oil isn't coming in with the air and fuel?

I have pods installed, so this is not possible. I am almost certain it’s the heads. I mean, what could I have possibly done wrong upon installation or removal? I did my research, I watched the removal and install videos, and it is not that difficult, really.

I am taking the heads off and shipping them to the guys who worked on them.

arek

if oil is passing via the valve guides into the combustion chamber, there should be oil in the port too. If the ports in the wet cylinder are both dry, the oil must intrude somewhere else. Either rings or a crack in the cylinder/head might be the reason for this.

When dismounting the valves chances are high for the guides to be ruined. I would take a look at this.

Sometimes the oil passes on the outside of the valve guides if they are loose.

Thank you all for the input as I try to figure this out. Last night I had a chance to take off the heads again, and I have a some observations:

1. There was again oil in the cylinders - given

2. There is evidence of oil on the valves inside the ports - looking in from the side of the heads into the ports. Valves are wet starting at the guide, and the oil spot expands as it reaches the bottom of the valve - exhaust port (I will try to make a photo)

3. Upon inspection of the head gasket, I found oil around the openings of the push rods, as circled in the attachment. no oil around the main head studs, suggesting the o-rings are not the problem.

Arek

untitled.JPG

Attached is a picture looking inside one of the exhaust ports - it clearly shows oil leaking down the valve. I am sending the heads back out to the shop that did the work - so is there anything I should be cautious about when talking with them. Is this evidence enough for a free repair? What do you think is required to fix this problem? What is a cause of such leak? Thank you again.

IMG_4090_001.JPG

IMG_4092_003.JPG