ITI Speedometer Trip Reset Knob

slug

If there is one thing that P's me Off about the guzzis, is the crappy gauges. I got a new knob for mine...put it on, lining up the miniscule D groove and put the tiny screw in, and wouldn't you know it...it felt like it instantly stripped when I turned it a few times. So I said screw it, and epoxy'd it on. I'll have to break it off if I want to remove the speedo, but next time I'll try different gauges and be done with them! I think everyone should get together, and pick an approximate date and send all the F..up gauges to the factory. It probably wouldn't change anything , but maybe they would get the message!!!

When my speedo died at 8000 miles the dealer got a brand new one under warantee. The knob that came with it didn't work so even they had to epoxy it together. When this one dies I'll buy a bicycle speedometer and move the tach to the center. Joe

I am willing to test fate...

so far, except for the little odometer button, the fried yellow wire looping from regulator to alternator, leaking Ohlins, a pinched ground to the tail light, a dry cush drive, the "dreaded sidestand switch issue" only hours after purchase, and the fact that I di-electric'd it from asshole to appetite from the git go, I've had no problems to "sweat". I ride 9-10 monthes a year, near Chicago... Man, I love this bike... :notworthy::mg::wub: S.H.

So, I was able to make a replacement tonight. :nerd: A vast improvement over the original. Made from 6061 aluminum with a stainless steel set screw. Here's the final result (sorry for the bad pics):

477055563_yxbFB-L.jpg

477055498_5zESG-M.jpg

477055453_qFirU-M.jpg

477055370_i388z-L.jpg

I'll put more pics up once its installed.

Beautiful, Slug. Grease everything while you are in there. My speedo has 25,000 miles on it, uncommon longevity that I believe is due to my greasing it early enough in its life.

Thanks Greg.

Oh yeah, everything is completely slathered with Bel-Ray waterproof grease.

= G

Nice work slug. I'd suggest you knurl it so you can reset it at the gas pump with a glove on.

I would have, but I don't have the knurling tool for my hunk-o-junk estate-sale Harbor Freight mini-lathe. <_>

I might try to find another way to texturize it...

Anyone used the motogadget?

Any other, more correct, fixes than epoxy/JBWeld? I can't do that. Far too AR for that, I'm afraid, and I'm (still) considering a Guzzi in need of odo replacement.

No means of fabricating one like slug's done. If I take the Guzzi to FBF, what would they do - anyone know? I'll call them shortly.

The price doesn't kill me, though I wonder how well it fits? How right it would look to have that sans eagle on a Lemans? For the price, it needs to be perfect mostly in fit and function, but also in finish.