Quick question

coz1100

I'm finally geeting my V11 reassembled after sitting for over a year in pieces. The frame still needs straightening and the guy needs a rolling chassis. What I can't seem to remember or find is the torque specs for the frame (motor mount and pork chops) and weather or not there is a certain procedure for assembling the frame around the motor.

thanks

Z

If the frame parts follow the usual values, you can get them here:

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/loo...cifications.htm

just find the size of the bolt and cross it to the torque.

My guess on the frame (and it is just a guess) is that you put the center spine down first, bolt it in and assemble the porkchops onto that. The rear drive and front forks will be last. I guess I'm just saying work from the center out to the edges.

Now, if you had a loopframe, I could give you more details....

Guest ratchethack

Wot JRT said. I looked around for a procedure many years ago. I doubt if there is one for the V11 chassis, because it doesn't much matter beyond the obvious. Work inside to outside. No torque figures to be found when I looked either, so standard fastener values will have to suffice.

One Forum member many years ago got pretty exercised about finding what he interpreted as unacceptable "gaps" betwixt pork chops and the "T" section and the gearbox subframe in certain spots, so he put shims in to take up the spaces. Now this is just me, but I'd no more shim up the gaps than I'd use glue in place of bolts. . . :o When I reassembled mine, I found that if you assemble things "just snug" and come back later for a final torque on each bolt, it will draw itself into alignment very nicely, and any gaps will get sucked up in very slight spring tension between the forged aluminum and cro-mo steel components. Remember, this ain't exactly precision work, and you want things as unlikely to loosen up and move around on their own as possible. I highly recommend a good solvent for "surgical" cleanliness on all fasteners followed by ample threadlocker throughout.

Have fun. :luigi:

Thanks guys. I used the usually common scense of guzzi and now shes standing on her own two feet for the first time in over a year. I had forgotten how much I liked this bike. starting to get a little giddy about having her back on the road. The 1200 sport is a really nice bike but it just dosn't have the snort that the v11 does. Also considering I only have a about 4 and a half hours into it I'd say shes coming along nicely.

Together.jpg

I'll keep you posted.

Ciao

Z

Thanks JRT. I haven't done a think with them. Right now I'm just doin the rugh assembly. Once everything is strait though I'm thinking of taking a day and buffing them out. It would be a nice touch to a bike thats seen some hard miles. That and mybe the rims. I don't know. There are alot of little things someone can do with a bike that will be completly stripped to frame and moto like this one will be.

Ciao

Z