Bagster tank bag for 1100 sport

Dimitris

Hi!

I've found a bagster leather tank protector, made for the 1100 sport. I am thinking of buying it. But I don't know which bagster tank bag is suitable with the 1100 sport bagster tank protector.

Have you any ideas?

Have you any thoughts of where to search for?

The bags are the same for (almost?) all bikes. I have a red tank protector & bag for my Sporti, it's a very good solution.

BTW the tank protector is not leather, it's a good imitation (so it is not damaged by rain!). The bag is real leather. I cannot spot the difference really.

With a little patience you can get a brand new protector, even for a Sporti, from eBay. They are announced now and then but not right now it seems. Bags should be there all the time. I think mine is about 30L fully expanded (zipper expansion) and it has a transparent map pocket on top.

Search for 'bagster guzzi' and 'baglux guzzi'

1.jpg

Here's an old picture of my bike with tank protector. I have to remove the seat and loosen the fairing to strap the protector on. A little tedious but the good thing about it is it sits better, clamped by the fairing.

Raz,

can you please tell me the name of your Bagster bag?

I am thinking of purchasing this one (pic):

It is called Shepra (Bagster) and it is a 2 in one bag. If the upper bag is extended it reaches 40 liters. Has anyone tried this?

I am also thinking of purchasing the Bagster Spider rear bag (saddle bag). Has anyone tried it?

P.S: Raz, when you say you have to loosen the fering, you mean that you have to loosen the two lateral fering screws above the rocker covers, don't you?

885_gr.jpg

can you please tell me the name of your Bagster bag?

when you say you have to loosen the fering, you mean that you have to loosen the two lateral fering screws above the rocker covers, don't you?

Mine is an older much like this Alpha No6 but in plain red matching the bike perfectly:

803AG1.jpg

I got it with the bike. The newer bags often have straps so you can use it as backpack off the bike, I'd like that.

Yes, I loosen the screws above the rocker covers and slip the protector between the fairing and the tank. Pretty neat once done.

Once I rode with a helmet in the bag, but I almost didn't reach the handles.