Almost an owner

miki

That bike looks really nice (although not as nice as a Mandello :whistle:).

I think you should book a flight and ride the bike back and you'll get to know each other well by the time you

get back home.

I'd offer to ride it back for you as i've got an aunty who lives in Frankston but you'd have to pay for my flight from England :D

Hope you manage to get the bike and am green with envy thinking about the great roads you have over there.

just get it painted

DSC_3338.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that rear end/light configuration standard for any particular model? I'm going to admit im an avid modder and was thinking of useing something like the fleda system but I love the intergration in those rear end lights.

I suspect I will be trucking the bike down at a quoted cost of $450 door to door. My wife veto'ed the ride back, and hell she's too good to me for me to bother making an argument out of it :)

This deal is getting very close.

Is that rear end/light configuration standard for any particular model? I'm going to admit im an avid modder and was thinking of useing something like the fleda system but I love the intergration in those rear end lights.

I suspect I will be trucking the bike down at a quoted cost of $450 door to door. My wife veto'ed the ride back, and hell she's too good to me for me to bother making an argument out of it :)

This deal is getting very close.

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/

the tailpeice isn't pauls BUT his is very well done and almost more trick especially being carbon fiber, this tail peice was custom made in Iowa, works well I could even integrate the two for turn signals but I also like what I've done. I can say without a doubt there is no other V11 that looks just like mine, which feels nice. anyone who see's it will know its me, well, unless I sell it :( wife's been on my case since I got two bikes, little does she know I really want THREE bikes :P

I was thinking of using this http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/FLEDA002.html

However I would need the company to send me a pattern of the curve used and see if it matched well enough to look kosha.

On the other hand it seems rather expensive for a simple led light bolt on system.

HOLY CHRIST, I paid less than that for the whole tail, and I got a while tail, not just the leds. <_>

Can we get the title changed from *Almost an Owner* to *A new V11 Owner* !!!!! :)

Final price of $10,500 aus although I am having it shipped down for another 450. I would rather get to know her on my

own terms and in my own time..

On the annoying side all the shipping companys I rang insisted they couldnt get it down before easter.. So arrival isnt until

the 16th/17th or so. But meh, too happy to care atm.

miki

:( wife's been on my case since I got two bikes, little does she know I really want THREE bikes :P

you could bring her over to my garage and let my wife tell her it's real good for your man to have a passion, I have 6 complete bikes and a whole bunch of parts.

IMG_1829.jpg

you could bring her over to my garage and let my wife tell her it's real good for your man to have a passion, I have 6 complete bikes and a whole bunch of parts.

IMG_1829.jpg

that reminds me I DO need to come over, and get some help with things but judging by your pic there we'll have to do it all in the driveway unless there is even more out there!!! and I need to get to those meetings

DeBen, I can fit you in.. we just move the cars out for more room. that is only the right side, i have to get the EVert project buttoned up on the left bay and your in!

IMG_1846.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bang Bang baby! My penance on the vespa is over and the bike has arrived.

Let me ramble a wee bit about this whole thing a little *its nice to humor the elderly*.

1) I bought this bike sight unseen!

2) I have never ridden a guzzi before!

3) Its all your fault!

1) I bought this bike from a mg service centre/dealer in Qld, Don Newall's. I can only give him two thumbs up for his frankness, honesty and willingness to chat and not fob me off as a *virtual tyre kicker* including touchs like mailing *bubble wrapped* a pannier frame that the transporter had left behind and it arrived the same day the bike did.

2) First impressions were mixed for me (im going to be brutally honest) the overall style & lines gets a fat 10/10 but the paint combo looks like it needs a serious tweak. The handling feels a little heavy but none the less balanced, I wonder if I came to this conclusion because I planned on finding some ohliin suspension and lighter wheels from the start and this oppinion would justify my descision? On the other hand Ive just spent the last 2 years on a friggen vespa.. I bench press 115kg`s *about the weight of a vespa :) so maybe thats it.

3) I was down to two bikes *triumph thruxton or ducati sportclassic 1000s* and researching them heavily. Having turned my old 69 triumph tiger into a cafe racer years ago I came across youtube vids of MG cafe racers... add hours of researching models pro's / con's and I came across the V11 and this web site. The sense of community on this web site gave me that extra tweak of confidence that I could learn a modern motor bikes ins and outs well enough to allow me to customise it and care for it.

So id just like to say

Thank you.

*now if anyone in aus knows where i can lay my hands on some Ohliins feel free to pm me. *keeping in mind it will take a while to generate the purchasing power needed to buy them :)*