on the road at last

dark_bike

it took a bit of time but my Scura is street legal at last. I immediately took it for a long ride through the Eifel region to see what it is I bought exactly;-)

I hadnt ridden a Scura before, only a standard V11 sport, and I was not exactly overwhelmed with that, but I put that down to bad set-up. The Scura is...absolutely fabulous. Motorcycling with a very capital M. at first it felt a bit wobbly in corners but I gave the steering damper a few tweaks and that improved things a lot. I might have to fiddle with the suspension a bit as well, but other than that oh my god what a bike. It makes all the right noises, it has loads of oomph.

what surprised me most is that you dont notice the weight at all. My previous bike was a ducati 900 Superlight which weighs about 40 kilos less and that didnt handle quite as well as the V11.

it needed a few cobwebs blowing but on an unrestricted motorway they were gone in no time, also the gear change improved. At first it was sometimes hard to change up to third but thats cured itself.

I'm glad I didnt test ride it when it was new and I couldnt afford it, because it has a very high I-need-it-I-must-have-it-I-cant-do-without factor. :lol::wub:

a great pity for motoring mankind that they only made 600 :D

tom

Amen, Tom! :D

Cheers

Søren