Torque value of large nut....

Greybeard

Guest ratchethack

Greybeard, they're just locknuts to prevent the stub axles from rotating, and the threads are ultra-fine, so you don't want to put any substantial torque on 'em.

"Just snug" will do nicely. I use a drop o' Loctite 242 on each to keep 'em honest. :luigi:

IIRC, when I put my swingarm back in (3 times now?) the procedure is to take the stub axles up to about 20 ft. lbs., and back off a quarter turn for the proper end float.

Guest ratchethack

Por nada, mi compadre.

No concerns. In fact, if they were somehow set equal length, I'd have concerns about the alignment being out o' whack.

WARNING: Dredging up this little "how to" (see link below) may conjure up. . . um, "controversy", given the. . . err, current "climate of contention" hereabouts, but might at least give you some food for thought:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=46556

Have fun. :mg:

"Controversy"?

"Climate of contention"?

WOW, did I ever join up at the right time!! :D

I'm not a trouble maker but irreverence is a religion with me so established mores, common knowledge and accepted practices

are constantly in my sights. ;)

NOTHING is sacred.

The game's afoot!

Noooo, JK, JK, I won't make a peep.:P

And thanks for getting me straight on the alignment issue. :rolleyes:

Guest ratchethack
I'm not a trouble maker but irreverence is a religion with me so established mores, common knowledge and accepted practices are constantly in my sights. ;)

NOTHING is sacred.

The game's afoot!

Heh, heh. . .

In that case, you and Yours Truly are gonna get along splendidly, Greybeard.

On t'other hand, there are those flat-earther-type defenders of the status quo hereabouts who'll undoubtedly attempt to tar, feather, and run you out outta town on a rail -- especially when you back up your posts with irrefutable fact, knowledge, references, and (this here's the one that typically sends 'em into great wallopping fits o' spittle-spatterin' apoplexy) -- well documented hands-on experience. . . :rolleyes::whistle:

And a big Forum welcome to you, my friend. ;)

Heh, heh. . .

In that case, you and Yours Truly are gonna get along splendidly, Greybeard.

On t'other hand, there are those flat-earther-type defenders of the status quo hereabouts who'll undoubtedly attempt to tar, feather, and run you out outta town on a rail -- especially when you back up your posts with irrefutable fact, knowledge, references, and (this here's the one that typically sends 'em into great wallopping fits o' spittle-spatterin' apoplexy) -- well documented hands-on experience. . . :rolleyes::whistle:

And a big Forum welcome to you, my friend. ;)

Why, thank you RH!

Always good to fall in with bad company I say. :lol:

Mind if I have a cigar?

In life I've found the only thing that trumps fact, knowledge, references and well documented hands-on knowledge is a whackin' great lie told with conviction.

In the long run, what's really the difference?

Giddy up!

Guest ratchethack
In life I've found the only thing that trumps fact, knowledge, references and well documented hands-on knowledge is a whackin' great lie told with conviction.

In the long run, what's really the difference?

Hmmmmm. . .

The price you pay for & credibility of your references? :huh2:

Awwwww, I think I just heard HackRacket's heart break... It's OK Grey, you'll be welcome with us philistines.

Noooo, c'mon....yer kidding. :rolleyes:

I clearly stated nothing was sacred.

But I DO respect those who have the strength of their convictions and stand by them.

Personally I live by the old hot rod adage "Anyone can restore something, it takes a REAL man to cut it up."

Oh, and Bugs Bunny. :D

C'mon now, let's all be friends and get along famously.

There's Guzzi riding and modding to be done and, by God, we're just the blokes to do it, eh!? :bike: