may 9-10 Los Angeles, what to do?

Paul Minnaert

For business, I'm in Los Angeles next week to visit a Microsoft conference. The first weekend I'm free, so what is recommended to do there? Something Guzzi related?

Well, Todd of GuzziTech fame is here, you might post over at the GuzziTech forum to get more responses. You can always visit Moto Guzzi classics in Long Beach for an inside peek at what a real Guzzi shop should look like... ;)

If you get really lucky, you could see a photoshoot at Cycle Garden :wub:

But I have never been there.

Moto Guzzi Classics is probably a better bet for an interesting time.

I don't know if Guzzi Classics rents bikes, but they might.

May 10th was going to be the Dr. Know Memorial Ride, but it got postponed because Todd is out of town that weekend, otherwise he might have set you up with a bike???

BMW and Harley Rentals are easy to find.

The Rock Store is worth a visit! (open weekends only I think????)

MG classics is fun, particularly if Mark is in fine form.

David or Ratchet- I can't remember the name of the place, but somewhere north of long beach was a seafood restaurant (next to the ocean) that wrapped up your 'doggie bag' in whimsical tinfoil animal shapes. That would be fun for a dinner.

Go up and see the Griffith Observatory- what a cool art deco building that is.

If you are north and inland, CalTech is a beautiful campus. I think you have to be into University campuses to enjoy that one perhaps. But Bungalow Heaven is a fun time for the architecturally minded. It is a housing district of craftsman style houses.

Hit a farmer's market. I always had a good time at those, and you get maximum crazy Los Angeles exposure.

If you are north and inland, CalTech is a beautiful campus.

CalTech used to be a beautiful campus, but they've mostly outgrown that. I haven't been on it in years tho', but I grew up riding thru it on my way to jr. high & high schools... Good times.

The new red building they built on what used to be their soccer field across the street looks like someone dropped a huge stack of terracotta floor tile & stuck windows on it. A real architectural eyesore... :vomit:

I can talk about Pasadena all week folks, I grew up there! But that's not a good slice of the Hell-A experience, it's its own little town... Altho' it's been losing a lot of its unique feel the last few years. I hardly recognize the place anymore when I go visit...

:(

Well, they gentrified the downtown quite a bit, that's true. Actually, sounds like it was a good thing too.

What about Westwood and the UCLA area? I'm not real familiar with that, but it has a hopping nightlife I would presume.

Well, I stand by my Griffith Observatory suggestion.

well, it was:

Saturday first with jdgretz to the Rock store, after that to Motoguzzi classics, where I met Ed Milich and Guzzimike.

sundag griffith observatory, with a walk over the mountain, the the brea tar pits , the museum of modern art next to it, and finished with the Getty thing.

It must be a good place to live if you see this. Only the roads are bad, a Stelvio market.