Handle bars

Greybeard

Trying to sort out conflicting information in preperation for adding higher handlebars to my '03 Nekkid.

S'truth or not; is there enough slack in brake/clutch lines, wires, etc. to mount risers and fat bars or must I collect aftermarket items?

Read an article about adding handlebars to a Rossa and the gent claimed no.

Accepted wisdom is that there is enough slack to mount controls about 1" higher & farther back [ie, about 1.5" of available slack]; fortunately this rather minor change is usually enough to make all the difference in rider comfort.

Haven't done it myself, just parroting the info gleaned from v11lm over the years... :nerd:

I put a riser and bars on my V11 sport and wrote it up several years ago. I used the stock brake line- it is just barely long enough.

http://www.v11lemans.com/content/howto/adapting.htm

Luvly, jrt. That looks like it.

How much pull back on those bars please?

(Unfortunately I can't bring your pics up any larger. Is that me or your pics?)

I think the bars have about 2" of rise, but that's on top of the clamps. Measuring from the top of the triple clamp, the grips are about 3" up. The grips are between 2-3" back of the centerline between the fork tubes.

That's about all the distance you'll get from the stock brake line. I had to change the angle on the banjo fitting in order to get this to work. On the up side, MGCycle sells brake line of any length you want with any fitting you want- or at least they used to.

Sorry the pictures are small. It was a long time ago with a cheap camera. If you would like higher res pictures, let me know and I can take some.

Jason

Luvly, jrt. That looks like it.

How much pull back on those bars please?

(Unfortunately I can't bring your pics up any larger. Is that me or your pics?)

Thanks all.

I also found the FAQ section....duh. :rolleyes:

I've got to get over to the dirt bike shop and check out some bends first hand.

I'm thinking a set of Pro Tapers rather than clip-ons, though I do have a set of 3" rise clip-ons that would need new fork adapters machined to fit the larger V11 forks, IF I can get back in the shop for more than 10 minutes.

Also bookmarked a site offering +2" hydraulic lines but can't remember who just now.

Ta!