Helmet problem

Tom M

My Shoei RF1000 has developed some whistling sounds at highway speed with the face shield down. I can make it go away if I press on the upper part of the shield so I'm pretty sure there's a little gap there. So...how do I fix this? Should I replace the rubber gasket? Is there some adjustment that I'm not aware of? I did drop the helmet off the seat last Fall and it landed in the dirt on the edge of the open shield. Do you think a new shield could fix it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So...how do I fix this? Should I replace the rubber gasket?

That'll do it.

Or you could go for the easy fix & just wear earplugs [you should anyway or you'll end up a deaf :oldgit: ]

:2c:

Or you could go for the easy fix & just wear earplugs [you should anyway or you'll end up a deaf :oldgit: ]

:2c:

I do wear earplugs! :oldgit: Well, I do whenever I ride on the highway anyway. Not so much for short trips around town. I can hear the whistling through the earplugs.

Thanks for the link Stockport. It looks like I can buy helmet parts including the gasket from that site too.

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/store/index.php?cPath=36_33

My Shoie XR-1000 does exactly the same thing. So far have greasing the rubber seal with *rubber grease* I find if i push just the right spot just hard enough for a second or two I can stop it. However I dont like having to think of such crap when I really should be thinking about whats on the road.

The heel of my left sock never seems to locate properly on my foot. Ever since my family left me, I have been unable to work anything out for myself and this sock thing is really getting to me.

Is there anyone out there in the world who can fix my sock. ;)

Or if you see my ex wife, tell her that 'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better'.

The heel of my left sock never seems to locate properly on my foot. Ever since my family left me, I have been unable to work anything out for myself and this sock thing is really getting to me.

Is there anyone out there in the world who can fix my sock. ;)

Or if you see my ex wife, tell her that 'every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better'.

Your problem is obvious...

You've got your socks on the wrong feet - eejit!

Divorce - "Love is grand, divorce is two hundred grand''

mud